5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2009 6:40 AM by Jacob Bugge

Text schlecht sichtbar

ks xp

Hallo

Als Illustrator-Anfänger habe ich ein Problem mit der Textanzeige am Bildschirm. Es muss an den Einstellungen hängen, aber ich kann die relevanten nicht finden. Wer weiss Rat?

-  Hier geht es noch um Illustrator 10.

-  Die Grafik enthält normalen Text.

-  Ich fahre mit dem Cursor über den Text, jetzt verschwindet der Text, sodass ich kaum arbeiten kann.

Wie stelle ich Illustrator 10 ein, damit es den Text immer gut sichbar (schwarz auf weiss oder weiss auf schwarz) anzeigt?

Gruss aus der Schweiz

• 1. Re: Text schlecht sichtbar
          Jacob Bugge MVP & Adobe Community Professional

ks,

Es muss an den Einstellungen hängen, aber ich kann die relevanten nicht finden.

Es gibt keine Einstellungen mit dieser Wirkung.

Pardon my insufficient German. Hopefully your English is better.

The basic underlying preferences may be corrupted.

You may try to follow the instructions under the heading Move the folder here: http://www.bugge.com/Family-and-friends/Illy/illy.html

If you need it in German, please say so, and I will do my best. Or Kurt, Lutz, or someone else, may help.

• 2. Re: Text schlecht sichtbar
            ks xp Level 1

Hi

Thank you for your hints. Unfortunately, they seem not to work, or I do not understand them correctly.

-  I followed the instruction and get the same problem (not to see the text in the graphics clearly).

-  I find the instructions in that paper not very clear.

--  The name of the folder to look for is not 'Adobe Ilustrator 10' as indicated, but '* / Adobe / Illustrator 10'.

--  To create a subfolder means to me a subfolder to '* / Adobe / Illustrator 10'. But one cannot move folder 'Illustrator 10' in a subfolder of this folder ...

--  When trying to move (not to copy) the folder, Windows shows a warning not to do tha, because ILL 10 could fail to work correcly afterwards.

So I proceeded as follows:

(1)  I created a subfolder to folder 'Adobe':  '* / Adobe / Test ILL 10'. So, it is on the same level as the corrupted version of ILL 10.

(2)  I copied the content of folder 'Illustrator 10' into folder 'Test ILL 10' (I did not dare to move it, as required).

(3)  I started Illustrator 10, once for the old location, once from the new location. But both versions reproduce the problem.

Want is wrong with my procedure?

• 3. Re: Text schlecht sichtbar

ks,

See comments in red:

--  The name of the folder to look for is not 'Adobe Ilustrator 10' as indicated, but '* / Adobe / Illustrator 10'.

The folder with the preferences is called Adobe Ilustrator 10. Did you include hidden files and folders in the search?

--  When trying to move (not to copy) the folder, Windows shows a warning not to do tha, because ILL 10 could fail to work correcly afterwards.
              The folder you have found is the programme folder itself.

So I proceeded as follows:

(1)  I created a subfolder to folder 'Adobe':  '* / Adobe / Test ILL 10'. So, it is on the same level as the corrupted version of ILL 10.

(2)  I copied the content of folder 'Illustrator 10' into folder 'Test ILL 10' (I did not dare to move it, as required).

Very good, see above. You may as well delete the copy.

(3)  I started Illustrator 10, once for the old location, once from the new location. But both versions reproduce the problem.

The preferences folder is unchanged, and will even remain if you uninstall.

Want is wrong with my procedure?

My guess: not including hidden files and folders in the search.

If you have Windows XP, it should be in this folder: C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\Application Data\Adobe.

You still need to enable viewing hidden files and folders.

Please keep posting your findings/comments/questions.

• 4. Re: Text schlecht sichtbar
                ks xp Level 1

OK, now I could find that folder 'Adobe Illustrator 10'. I moved it to a subfolder of folder 'Adobe'. And the text display problem is gone. - Thank you.

-  I had activated the hidden system files for search and for desplay from the beginning.

-  The search function could find the folder. But Explorer still did not show it. So I entered the full path manually and then Explorer display it.

-  Is it possible that WIN XP still has such flaws? That seems very unlikely to me .

-  Or does I have to restart WIN XP to activate such changes?

Still, I have to solve the display problem in the JPG-format.

-  With the standard preview application of Windows I still get an empty graph.
                -  With Paint or any other application, one I get the pircture. What is wrong?

• 5. Re: Text schlecht sichtbar

ks, you are welcome.

-  Is it possible that WIN XP still has such flaws? That seems very unlikely to me .

-  Or does I have to restart WIN XP to activate such changes?

I believe that most cases of preference corruptions are caused by Windows. But it strikes randomly. Some experience it often, others never. I have never had it happen. So you can only deal with it when it happens, and enjoy when nothing happens.

Still, I have to solve the display problem in the JPG-format.

-  With the standard preview application of Windows I still get an empty graph.
                  -  With Paint or any other application, one I get the pircture. What is wrong?

Obviously, it is annoying, but when the image shows in other applications, I believe that is an issue outside Illy, but I have no idea what it is. Maybe you should continue the other thread and add the above there:  might be overlooked by others if only stated here.