• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help changing files

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2009 Aug 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I' have made a project and I can publish it, but when I try to move one file to another directory I can't reproduce correctly the project.

Can anybody help me? I really need to move the files to other directories because I have to update it into a server.

Thanks

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

musicsoft wrote:

...but when I try to move one file to another directory I can't reproduce correctly the project.

We need more information here. What file are you trying to move? Typically Captivate produces multiple files. They typically ALL need to be moved to the same place for things to work.

Please tell us exactly which files you are moving and why you are moving them.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project have a .flv file and when I produce the project. I have two swf files and the .flv file in the project's folder.

When I click in Captivate at Flash Video in the video's root I put the root of the server with the .flv (e.x. http://sdasdasd.com/Videos/untitled.flv)

After produce it, I have the two swf, one .flv file and one .html file. When I try to upload the two swf files and the html file to the server, I can't reproduce the video, probably because the .flv file is in other folder.

Can be possible move the files into differents folders?

I'm making this movements because this is the structure of the server.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If all your videos are in the same place on the server, I'm thinking you would be reasonably safe using an absolute reference to the video. So instead of VideoName.FLV, you would insert the full URL: http://sdasdasd.com/Videos/untitled.flv

Have you tried that? If so, I have no answer for why it wouldn't be working other than to suggest a path and naming issue. For example, the server is UNIX or LINUX based and you called the video untitled.flv when in reality it is Untitled.FLV (note the case difference)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've tried to use an absolute reference to the video but it doesn't work.

The server is based on Windows 2003 Server are the name of the video is the same.

I don't know why it is happening....

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Hmmm, Windows 2003 server. Seems I recall something about that. Have you tried other videos? Do they play? You might be surprised to discover they don't.

Take a look at the Technical Note linked below. See if that helps anything.

Click here to read

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

I was reading the technical note and I can`t found  this optios, I'm using i.e 6 officaly, but i tried in others like firefox and chrome and nothing.

But it's rare because I can see other .swf but I don't understand why I can't reproduce the .flv file into the swf.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that there isn't a .js file that is produced, too when you generated your video? (for example a standard.js file?) If so, that needs to be in the same folder.

By the way, I use Windows 2003 Server for all my Captivate files and they display correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

But if the .JS were missing, nothing would display. It wouldn't be limited to .FLV files.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I have the .js file but I don't know where I have to put the root of the server file...

I have saved the .js file into SCRIPT'S folder and I have modified the script refernce in the html wich is generated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources