4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2009 5:58 AM by Cobby Fred

Will this code work?

Cobby Fred

Please I would like to know if this code will work, and if it wouldn't work, I want to know why?

menuBar_mc.whoSubPanel_mc.btnAbout_mc.onRelease = function(){

gotoAndStop("about");

}

• 1. Re: Will this code work?
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Duplicate post: Please remove the extra post the next time this happens.

It will work as long as everything involved with it exists with the instance names and label used and you are publishing for AS2.

• 2. Re: Will this code work?
            Cobby Fred Level 1

That is what I was thinking, but's not working and I just don't understand why. The instance names are correct, infact I have arranged everything just fine that it's suppose to work but it's not.

Any suggestion at all to try my hands on?

And please how do I remove the duplicate post?

Thank you!

• 3. Re: Will this code work?
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There's no telling what you may have done beyond guessing.  Here's a link to a file that demonstrates that code working for the scenario that it should...

http://www.nedwebs.com/Flash/AS2_chain.fla

I believe it's too late to remove the duplicate post after someone has replied to it.  The old system was notorious for creating them when impatient posters would continually click the submit button... resulting in the same umbers of posts as clicks they made.  But this newer system seems to have overcome that flaw.  So when you post, the best thing to do is to check your posting in the website to make sure it's there and didn't duplicate or otherwise mess up your information.

• 4. Re: Will this code work?
                Cobby Fred Level 1

I've checked all possible mistakes I might have done but still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'll still play around, if I find anything I will come back.

Many thanks for your assistance.