15 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2009 9:49 AM by John Joslin

New DNG Profiles

Huelight

HI All,

For anybody interested I am making my DNG profiles for various cameras available on my site to download.

I would be interested in feedback on these profiles!

Site: http://www.huelight.com

Colin

• 1. Re: New DNG Profiles
          dctrbnsttr

Quick question....

Do these proflies work in lightroom? And do you have plans for creating profiles for the Olympus E-520?

Thanks

• 2. Re: New DNG Profiles
            MadManChan2000 Adobe Employee

They will work in Lightroom version 2.0 and later.

Do these proflies work in lightroom? And do you have plans for creating

profiles for the Olympus E-520?

• 3. Re: New DNG Profiles
              Huelight Level 1

Eric,

Please have the courtesy to reply to the emails I have sent to you, I have on a number of occasions mailed you for help with regard to your DNG editor and getting the best from it and have had no reply.

As someone that spends his free time trying to improve the output from ACR, and providing this free of charge to the community, is it to much to ask for some guidance?

I expected more from Adobe....

Colin

http://www.huelight.com

• 4. Re: New DNG Profiles

Colin, please keep the following in mind:

1.  According to my email logs, I have only ever received a single email

from you -- assuming your email address begins with huelight@... . Please do

not assume that simply because you may have written emails "on a number of

occasions" and even perhaps pressed the Send button on those occasions, that

they necessarily reached my inbox. I am not blaming you for mistakes, but

rather asking that you do not accuse of being rude for not replying to

emails that I have not received.

2. The single email that I __have__ received from you was on Wednesday,

August 19 at 8:35 EST -- less than one day ago. Due to the volume of email

that I receive, I cannot guarantee replies to all my personal email in less

than 24 hours. Presumably, you have also had the experience of letting some

emails sit in your inbox without an immediate reply.

3. The DNG Profile Editor is a free tool provided by Adobe to the community

on an as-is basis. I think it is great that you are using it and encourage

you to do so. However, there is no official support for the DNG Profile

Editor. I do answer questions sent to my personal email address regarding

the DNG Profile Editor and related topics, but please realize that I do so

on my own time, not Adobe's time, and there are only so many questions I can

answer in one day.

Eric

Please have the courtesy to reply to the emails I have sent to you, I have on

a number of occasions mailed you for help with regard to your DNG editor and

getting the best from it and have had no reply.

As someone that spends his free time trying to improve the output from ACR,

and providing this free of charge to the community, is it to much to ask for

some guidance?

I expected more from Adobe....

• 5. Re: New DNG Profiles
                  rasworth Level 1

Colin,

If you have a concern with somebody not answering your emails, then you should address that in a one-on-one manner, not by posting your message on the forum.  It's certainly acceptable to disagree with an opinion or analysis, but it's not appropriate to directly criticize another member.

I commend Eric on his level reply - he continues to be one of the most knowledgeable, responsive, and professional forum members.  Others of us would probably have answered your missive with a not-so-polite suggestion as to where you could place your future emails.

Richard Southworth

• 6. Re: New DNG Profiles
                    Huelight Level 1

Pure frustration is why I posted on this forum!

Many thousands of user's of my dng profiles have asked for updates and new profiles, I needed some help to fulfill this but Adobe has no interest.

When I tell users that I am not going to make new DNG profiles available, I want them to understand why!

Colin

• 7. Re: New DNG Profiles

Contrary to what you claim, Colin, Adobe does have interest. It is

unfortunate that you have chosen to express your enthusiasm in this way. It

is not Adobe's fault that the first time I have received an email from you

concerning DNG profiles was two days ago (and, yes, I do intend to reply to

it). For you to suggest that Adobe has no interest simply because you have

not had your questions about an unsupported free tool answered within 48

hours is rather unfair.

Eric

Many thousands of user's of my dng profiles have asked for updates and new

profiles, I needed some help to fulfill this but Adobe has no interest.

When I tell users that I am not going to make new DNG profiles available, I

want them to understand why!

Colin

• 8. Re: New DNG Profiles
                        Jeff Schewe Level 5

Huelight wrote:

OMG. . .you have seriously shot yourself in the foot bud. If you hope to have any useful impact in the industry, the _LAST_ *******' thing you want to do is publicly attempt call out one of the engineers. The next thing out of your mouth better be an honest apology to Eric and the forum members for making a mistake of this magnitude...and it would serve you well to lay low for a while. Seriously dooode, what were you thinking? (or were you thinking?)

• 9. Re: New DNG Profiles
                          Photo_op8 Level 1

Colin-step back jack! Maybe you should disappoint your thousands of fans before you pi$$ of the majority of folks who frequent this forum and appreciate Eric's participation. With a total of 3 forum posts, I can understand your feeling of entitlement.

--David

• 10. Re: New DNG Profiles
                            Bill_Janes Level 2

Huelight wrote:

Many thousands of user's of my dng profiles have asked for updates and new profiles, I needed some help to fulfill this but Adobe has no interest.

When I tell users that I am not going to make new DNG profiles available, I want them to understand why!

Colin

Colin, personally I can live without profiles from an unknown and unproven source. The Adobe supplied profiles are giving me very good results with my D200 and D3 and I have seen no need to make my own or seek profiles from other sources. Your criticism of Eric is misplaced, since if you had been around this forum for any length of time, you would know that he is very helpful and a true gentleman.

• 11. Re: New DNG Profiles
                              Huelight Level 1

So, Adobe now allows and presumably endorses "intimated profanity" on their forums?

Moderator, please delete this thread before this get out of hand...

• 12. Re: New DNG Profiles
                                John Joslin Level 6

Huelight wrote:

So, Adobe now allows and presumably endorses "intimated profanity" on their forums?

Moderator, please delete this thread before this get out of hand...

I think you mean "please delete this thread before this get out of hand... I make a bigger fool of myself".

• 13. Re: New DNG Profiles
                                  Photo_op8 Level 1

Actually, I think the Moderator should leave this thread so you can refer to it for form and substance when you make your fifth post to the Forum.

• 14. Re: New DNG Profiles
                                    Ian Lyons MVP & Adobe Community Professional

This might be an opportunity to remind folk of what they agreed to when they signed up to use these forums http://www.adobe.com/communities/guidelines/

Note - ignore the point scoring system as it only applies in the Community Help forums

• 15. Re: New DNG Profiles
                                      John Joslin Level 6

Ian Lyons wrote:

Note - ignore the point scoring system as it only applies in the Community Help forums

If you keep reading in the document to which you linked you will see this:

Forums
                                      • 0 points - forum post
                                      • 5 points - helpful response
                                      • 10 points - correct answer