3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2009 12:22 PM by Jim_Babbage

CSS Export and rollover images

DUBx

I am just curious as to why the CSS export feature does not allow the export of images that have rollover effects applied? Is there an extension that will allow this to happen, or do we just need to do this manually? It's not really too big of a deal because it is fairly simple to do in Dreamweaver, it would just be nice to save this step.

• 1. Re: CSS Export and rollover images
          Nadia-P Level 5

I am just curious as to why the CSS export feature does not allow the export of images that have rollover effects applied? Is there an extension that will allow this to happen, or do we just need to do this manually? It's not really too big of a deal because it is fairly simple to do in Dreamweaver, it would just be nice to save this step.

It is always best to allow Fireworks do the job it's best at - create website layouts.  Slice up the images and export them individually and use a HTML editor like Dreamweaver to write the code.  Were you able to do this step in FWs it may save you a step, but the code it would output would be bloated and fragile as it was when FWs exported those awful dropdown menus, which thankfully have been removed from the program  :-)

• 2. Re: CSS Export and rollover images
            Jim_Babbage Level 4

Well put, Nadia. Even with the CSS Export feature, I still consider it 

a prototyping option more than a production-level code option. Every 

one has their own way of writing their CSS for sites after all

Jim Babbage

• 3. Re: CSS Export and rollover images
              Nadia-P Level 5

Every one has their own way of writing their CSS for sites after all

Most certainly  :-)

I've seen some of the exported CSS on a couple of sites, tried to troubeshoot a few as well -  and I must say I wasn't in the least impressed  :-)