5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2009 12:04 PM by the_wine_snob

Premeir Element 7 + Photoshop Element 7 package licence?

Stoff12345

Hi, I am thinking about buying the Premeir Element 7 + Photoshop Element 7 package but...

I cant find anything about the licence!

Can you only install the two programs on one computer or on two computers, like a home stationary computer and a laptop?

Thank you for your help.

//Christoffer Fryd

• 1. Re: Premeir Element 7 + Photoshop Element 7 package licence?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You may install the programs on two computers -- presuming they both belong to the same owner.

• 2. Re: Premeir Element 7 + Photoshop Element 7 package licence?
            Stoff12345 Level 1

So I can install both programs on two computers, as long as I am the only one using them? (Just checking if I got it right)

Cool. But I guess its like CS3 or other pro programs that you CAN NOT run the programs at the same time, on the two computers... or am i wrong????

Thanks

//Christoffer Fryd

• 3. Re: Premeir Element 7 + Photoshop Element 7 package licence?
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You can probably run them at the same time, if you want.

But, as a courtesy to people like you -- who have a laptop and a desktop -- they allow you to run it on two computers.

• 4. Re: Premeir Element 7 + Photoshop Element 7 package licence?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

I have most of my Adobe programs loaded onto both my workstation and my laptop. One of the exceptions is PrE4, which is on the laptop only. All of the other programs have the Adobe Activation for the licenses. While I do not normally use them at the same time, there have been a few times that I have forgotten that, say PrPro is running on one, and I open the copy on the other machine. Nothing bad has happened - not even a "nastygram" from Adobe. I usually realize my mistake, and exit out of one copy, but still there have been times where my memory (short term memory loss is a bad thing, that I face all too often). To follow the EULA that I agreeded to, when I installed my Adobe programs, I try to play by the rules at all times.

The only exception for me is Photoshop, as I have three licenses for it, so I CAN run separate instances of it. Actually, I believe that I only have one instance of each license, so if I had 3 more machines, I could run non-simultaneous instances of it on them. As it is, only have one instance of each license loaded - IIRC.

The actual user of the program is less important, than having the instances running simultaneously. For instance, so long as you, the license-holder, owns the two machines, your son could open one instance of the program and edit. Obviously, to fulfill the EULA, you would NOT want to be using the other instance at the same time.

With the Adobe programs that do NOT have Activation, it's pretty much on the "honor system," but then if one is honorable, they will limit the usage to one-at-a-time.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Premeir Element 7 + Photoshop Element 7 package licence?
                  Stoff12345 Level 1

Many thanks for your answers and your time.

I really appreciate it.

//Christoffer Fryd