1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 15, 2009 11:22 AM by Phillip M Jones RSS

Scan to PDF: Cannot find the scanner device.

royalpaynediaz

I just installed Adobe Acrobat onto a newly installed iMac, which is wirelessly connected to a home network.

There is an HP all-in-one Officejet 7310xi printer on the network that I want to use to scan documents into Adobe.

When I open Acrobat, the Officejet does not show up as a device.  I've downloaded the HP/Mac driver and can print

to the Officejet ok.

How do I add this as a scanning device for Acrobat?

• 1. Re: Scan to PDF: Cannot find the scanner device.
          Phillip M Jones Community Member

royalpaynediaz wrote:

I just installed Adobe Acrobat onto a newly installed iMac, which is wirelessly connected to a home network.

There is an HP all-in-one Officejet 7310xi printer on the network that I want to use to scan documents into Adobe.

When I open Acrobat, the Officejet does not show up as a device.  I've downloaded the HP/Mac driver and can print

to the Officejet ok.

How do I add this as a scanning device for Acrobat?

Just to make sure, Have you gone to and choose  Scan   to PDF:

Acrobatpicture002.png

Then:

Acrobatpicture001.png

From Select Device List select your scanner. Note if does not show up it means you do not have a Twain type Scanner driver that is compatible with Acrobat.

To get you device working: go to Google and look up S.A.N.E. then when in page look for a link in the one screen information about Macintosh. Go to that link.

Now locate your scanner by following directions. download the appropriate components for your OSX version. STAY AWAY FROM THE SDK STUFF. install all parts  (up to 5 different components) then restart computer.

Now open Acrobat and go to menus above and choose sane or sane/twain. Now you should be able to use your scanner. Apple in OS 9 had Twain support buy had to be aatched by SCSI interface. However; very few if any develop, Twain Drivers for Macintosh because for one thing Twain support was not bult-in to OSX untill 3.9 and then only marginally. OSX4.11 is better.

But for the most part its the fault of the Scanner manufacturers.

Back sure you have installed the sacnner software for your machine before doing all this.