5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2018 10:14 PM by Yoosaf Abdulla

Error establishing socket to host: Reason: Connection refused: connect

PHRED-SE Level 1

I am in the process of moving from an old x32 server to a new x64 bit server.  With the help of Adobe support, I have finally gotten CF8.0.1 up and running on the new server: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/470337?tstart=0,

I am now trying to connect CF8.0.1 Standard on the new x64 machine to SQLServer 2005 x64 bit. All of the databases I'm trying to setup on the new server are currently running on a x32 system with CF8.0.1 and SQLServer 2005 x32.

CFVerInfo.JPG

Using the SQLServer drive type I get the following error:

"Connection verification failed for data source: PHREDsevenSQL
      java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: DELLx64Server:1433. Reason: Connection refused: connect
      The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: DELLx64Server:1433. Reason: Connection refused: connect."

Using the ODBC Socket type I do not get a ODBC DSN name in the select box so I can't actually try this type of connection. I've tried both x32 and x64 bit ODBC System setups.

P7SQL_def.JPG

I have verified the following:

SQLServer configuration: the port is set to 1433.

Account user name and password are correct.

I have looked for a x64 bit SQLServer driver for CF8 on Adobe, but couldnt find one. Perhaps one is already installed.

If anyone has a suggestion or solution, I would appreicate your help.   Thanks in advance for your help.

:-}}}

Len