24 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2009 7:40 AM by Techypiano

Premiere Elements Debug Event

Techypiano

so premiere was working fine, I was making a video collage of a cottage trip, and all of a sudden, when I click play, I get the following error:

|Premiere Elements Debug Event                             |

|                                                                            |

| (X)                                                                       |

|     Premiere elements has encountered an error.      |

|                                                                            |

|     [..\..\Src\Audio\MonitorMixer.cpp-201]                 |

|__________________________________[Continue]_|

I know I didn't have to draw it out but whatever... this way you can see what's going on. I tried it with 2 other projects and they worked fine. What can I do?

-Techypiano

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements Debug Event
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Considering that the faulting module was Audio Monitor Mixer, I would first get the latest audio driver for your soundcard and install that. If you have a Dell, look first on their site, and then Realtek (assuming that you have one of their chips).

Next, go to Edit>Preferences>Audio and also Audio Hardware. Check your Input and Output settings.

If things still do not work correctly, see this ARTICLE on gathering clues. You'll likely find trails that lead to useless screens of code and data. It is the ones with links that you really want to explore as much as you can. With program/system crashes, errors and hangs, there is usually a "trail," and if you follow the right one, you'll get a big clue that you can use.

Good luck and be patient, as you explore Event Viewer,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements Debug Event
            Techypiano Level 1

OK, I'll check it out... I have an HP winXP MCE computer that was preinstalled with a realtek audio HD driver, so I'll check the website... also, yesterday I was editing and I couldn't hear anything... I had to reconfigure the sound card... I'll go check the site and see if I can fix it! and just in case I didn't say it earlier, it was only with the one project... the other ones were fine!Dance Wiv Me

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements Debug Event
              Techypiano Level 1

ignore that last part... something randomly popped up in the text box!

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements Debug Event
                the_wine_snob Level 9
                yesterday I was editing and I couldn't hear anything... I had to reconfigure the sound card...

This could be indicative of an audio driver issue. However, there are usually three places to control audio on a system with PrE (or similar). You have the OS's Control Panel>Sounds (could also need work in System>Hardware>Device Manager), an often found audio card's control console, and then the Audio/Audio Hardware settings in Edit>Preferences in PrE. Any one of these places can cause an issue, or solve a problem. I always work from the OS up to the program, as the first two can kill anything that you do with the program.

Also, because PrE uses ASIO drivers, and some audio chip mfgrs. do not do a good job of this, many have found that a little .dll, ASIO4ALL, can fix many, many issues. Should you NOT be able to handle your issue with the settings and a new driver, you might want to install ASIO4ALL and set it for Input & Output in all locations in Edit>Preferences>Audio Hardware.

Good luck, and hope that the audio driver replacement handles it for you,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Premiere Elements Debug Event
                  Techypiano Level 1

Ok... I'm really not sure whether I'm getting down to the problem, or how to go about it... I checked the vontrol panels, no problems, installed asio4all and nothing works. could it be a corrupted project file? because none of my other projects get the error...

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements Debug Event
                    Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If it's unique to this project, why don't you tell us about the audio sources for the project?

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements Debug Event
                      Techypiano Level 1

like the audio tracks? so far it's just 4 songs I have put to pictures.

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements Debug Event
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, do I understand correctly that the issue IS specific to this Project only?

If so, please tell us a lot more about the "songs." Are they .WAV, MP3 or something else? Did you get any error, or dialog messages, when you Imported (Get Media) them?

If they are anything but PCM/WAV, I would use the freeware program, Audacity, to convert them to PCM/WAV 48KHz 16-bit files. Re-Import them and replace the Clips on the Timeline with these converted files.

Many other formats of Audio can cause all sorts of issues. With the exception of a few very short SFX files in MP3, I use nothing but PCM/WAV files and they always work perfectly.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements Debug Event
                          Techypiano Level 1

Yeah, the problem is only with THIS ONE PROJECT! so, I deleted the audio tracks, and I still got the error, thinking to myself well the wav files won't work, and it turns out that they had no different effect. there were no errors when importing, and also, I always use MP3 files, and have never had a problem before. any other suggestions?

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements Debug Event
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, just to make sure that I have followed along correctly:

You have a Project/Timeline with Assets on it. Without the "music" files, it still yields an error. Is this correct?

If so, tell us in detail, about your Project's Presets, and then in as much detail, as is possible, your Assets (all of them) on your Timeline. The more detail on each of these, that you can furnish, the better. If you need to gather details of any Video Assets, you should be able to get all of that info from G-Spot. For now, just leave the "music" files out of the mix. We can always stick them back in, once we isolate the cause of the error.

As for MP3's, well some work fine (other than the extreme compression applied to them), but some just do not work. Rather than worry about some not working, I just do a batch conversion, outside of Pr, before Importing. I'm sure that many would have worked perfectly, but I just batch process the entire folder first.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 11. Re: Premiere Elements Debug Event
                              Techypiano Level 1

I don't have any presets, but I have so fat 2 titles and 116 pictures taken with a sony cybershot... and all of the pictures get the following from g-spot:

File Type: JPEG image (.JPG/JPEG/JPE)
                              Mime Type: image/jpeg

• 12. Re: Premiere Elements Debug Event
                                the_wine_snob Level 9
                                I don't have any presets

Actually, you do. These are the settings that you chose, when you did New Project. What were those settings? Should have been something like NTSC DV Widescreen, or similar.

OK, it appears that you have only JPEG images, i.e. a "SlideShow." Is that correct? What is the resolution (pixel dimensions) of these JPEG's. Did you resize them to match your Project, or just Import them directly from the camera? If you did the latter, you will want to see this ARTICLE.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
                                • 13. Re: Premiere Elements Debug Event
                                  Techypiano Level 1

yeah it's a slideshow that I was going to put a couple of video clips after if the program hadn't bothered me... the pictures are 3072 x 2304, and the preset is NTSC DV Widescreen. I didn't resize the images at all. you have been very helpful, and thinking as that it was the only project affected, I exported the movie, and reinserted it into a new project. It's working fine, so I think my problem is solved for now. if it happens again, I'll be sure to post another discussion.

Thanks,

Warren

• 14. Re: Premiere Elements Debug Event
                                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Warren,

Glad that you got it sorted. For the next similar Project, you might want to consider resizing the images outside of PrE. This will lighten the load on your computer greatly. I also feel that the resizing in PS is superior to doing so in PrE, or PrPro.

I resize to just what I will need, as I treat each image as unique, and do not do any global random pans & zooms. If I do not need to pan on a zoomed-out image, I match my Project's Frame Size completely. If I do need to pan, while zoomed out, I calculate the exact size I will need to allow this, and resize to those dimensions.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 15. Re: Premiere Elements Debug Event
                                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Warren,

One more question: did you put the music files back in, and did they Export fine?

Here's hoping,

Hunt

• 16. Re: Premiere Elements Debug Event
                                        Techypiano Level 1

yes! it wouldn't let me click play or any of those controls, but it would let me export fine!

• 17. Re: Premiere Elements Debug Event
                                          the_wine_snob Level 9
                                          it wouldn't let me click play or any of those controls, but it would let me export fine!

Hm-m, that is odd, but at least the last part is good news.

One more question, prior to attempting to Play, did you Render the Timeline (hitting Enter)? If not, try that first, and let us know if that makes any difference at all.

Thanks,

Hunt

• 18. Re: Premiere Elements Debug Event
                                            Techypiano Level 1

well, I just tried rendering the timeline? and no cigar... still the same annoying error...

• 19. Re: Premiere Elements Debug Event
                                              the_wine_snob Level 9

Warren,

Just to make sure that I'm on the right page, you got an Export without the music files, but then got the error with the music files. Is that correct, or did I miss a step?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 20. Re: Premiere Elements Debug Event
                                                Techypiano Level 1

nope, a full export (from the file menu) with audio and all! I did this after I had already been going back and forth with you.

• 21. Re: Premiere Elements Debug Event
                                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Warren,

Then you got that "full Export, with music and all," and got no errors?

That is good news, and congratulations,

Hunt

• 22. Re: Premiere Elements Debug Event
                                                    Techypiano Level 1

Yes, you got it all right!!! thanks so much for the help!

• 23. Re: Premiere Elements Debug Event
                                                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Good news! I refrained from popping the cork on the Bollinger's RD, until I was sure. Time to celebrate!

Hunt

• 24. Re: Premiere Elements Debug Event
                                                        Techypiano Level 1

YEE-HAW!!! party at the_wine_snob's place!!!