5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2009 8:46 AM by the_wine_snob

Wrong Bit rate?

Havic2009

Trying to import video from a helmet cam and it tells me the audio is the wrong bit rate and it wont import? Any Ideas? I can watch it no prob within media player. Thanks for any help!!

• 1. Re: Wrong Bit rate?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

PrPro can manage quite a few different Audio bit-rates, but not all.

I would convert to 48KHz 16-bit PCM/WAV.

What is the exact format and CODEC of your files from this camera? You may need to do a conversion of the Video too, even if you sort out the Audio's bit-rate.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Wrong Bit rate?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

If you have any problems getting the full details on your Assets, this ARTICLE will give you a bit of background and get you started. It's written for .AVI's, but holds true for MPEG's, .MOV's et al.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Wrong Bit rate?
              Jim_Simon Level 8

Trying to import video from a helmet cam

Premiere works best with DV and DVCPRO HD media.  I recommend using only those.  If your camera doesn't record to those formats, I recommend getting one that will.

• 4. Re: Wrong Bit rate?
                Havic2009 Level 1

Audio bit rate is 128kbps

audio sample rate is 16bit

audio format is PCM

How could I convert or change it?

• 5. Re: Wrong Bit rate?
                  the_wine_snob Level 9
                  How could I convert or change it?

I'd use Audition, but you probably have SoundBooth. In Audition, I'd just choose to Rip Audio from Video, to get it into the program. From there, you can Export and Convert the bit-rate to 48KHz and keep the bit-depth to 16-bit. This is the file that you will use in PrPro. Soundbooth probably has similar, and maybe even the freeware Audio editing program, Audacity.

Now, to Import, you'll likely want to demux your AV file, and Import just the Video.

One other, one-step trick, might be to just convert the AV files to the correct Audio bit-rate (48KHz, 16-bit), to save any Ripping and demuxing. I use DigitalMedia Converter for things such as this. It's not freeware, but there are quite a few that are. Prism gets good recs. in this task.

Good luck, and let us know what method you choose, and how it works for you,

Hunt