2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2009 4:44 PM by Xpeeblix

FLVPlayback Component Volume Issue

Xpeeblix

Hopefully someone can give me a hand with this one. I'm using the FLVPlayback component to play a movie. In the parameters, I'm setting volume to "8" where the default is "1".

This works great and gives me the right volume setting, but if the user touches the volume slider (which I'd like to keep), the new maximum volume is only one.

Any idea how to set the max volume for the volume slider? I'd have thought the volume parameter setting would be tied to this.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: FLVPlayback Component Volume Issue
          k.bitgood Level 1

The volume parameter setting is only the default starting volume, and the volume slider is always 0 to 100% of the volume of the original file.

I would suggest changing the volume of the original flv file, or coding your own volume slider (for which there are many tutorials).

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

• 2. Re: FLVPlayback Component Volume Issue
            Xpeeblix Level 1

Thanks, Kibbik.  That's actually very helpful.  I guess I was just wondering if there was a method to reset the max volume of the slider to 200% or something similar, but I suppose not.

I figured redoing the volume on the original movie was one solution, but it would be nice to see the component rewritten so as to reset the max volume of the slider to the volume parameter setting.