27 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2009 2:11 PM by the_wine_snob

PE 7 won't burn to dvd

jeffray22

PE 7 either shuts down, no burner detected, even though the burner is listed, or hangs when I try to burn to DVD. After waiting on hold for tech support, for two hours, my being a return customer is in doubt. Since no one answers the tech line, how do things get solved?

error message: locals~1\temp\fb59_appcomat:txt  Help Mr. Wizzard!

I used PE 2 until recently on the same machine, upgrading has become a night mare.

• 1. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
          the_wine_snob Level 9

As a test, can you Burn to Folder, and then use ImgBurn to physically Burn to DVD with your burner?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
            the_wine_snob Level 9

This FAQ Article from the Encore forum will tell you some reasons that PrE is not seeing your burner. Do any apply in your case?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Here is a PrE FAQ Article that might also help with regards to your burner issue.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
                jeffray22 Level 1

I do appreciate the attempt, but no good so far. Before I did the steps,

take no action, uncheck cd enable, and ran the microfixit tool, I did have

a recognition of the burner before failure now no burner detected, comes

immediately. It would be nice if someone would answer the phone at adobe

customer support. I can transfer files and burn them. But no luck with PE7

yet.

Jeffray22

This /thread/398769?tstart=0 from the Encore forum will tell you some

reasons that PrE is not seeing your burner. Do any apply in your case?

Good luck,

Hunt

>

• 5. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, so you have:

no Nero

no Roxio

no Quicken

and have never used the Windows drag-and-drop CD/DVD module.

The burner's firmware is the latest.

The burner shows up as working perfectly in Windows Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager, and it burns fine with ImgBurn, just not PrE. Is all of that correct?

Then I have no clue as to what your problem would be.

With the exact report on each of the above, there would be some clue. For instance, if you have the Slave/Master jumper wrong, or the connectors of the cable wrong, then you should see traces of that in Control Panel>System>>>. You have not, so we can only assume that your installation of the burner is 100% correct.

At this point, it is a total mystery.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
                    jeffray22 Level 1

yes I do have nero it came with the burner, nero 7, I did get an earlier

INCD error, but when I look in programs I do not see INCD to remove it. No

Roxio, No quicken, did not try image burn, I burned files from my hard

drive. I did drag them in explore. Is that bad? The burner shows up

working in device manager. Slave master is set for cable select. Only one

drive on board. I have an external burner but it is now not working

either. I will try imgburn website next. When you say drag n drop, are you

talking in PE7? I saw that tool in PE7 but never tried it.

Jeffray

OK, so you have:

no Nero

no Roxio

no Quicken

and have never used the Windows drag-and-drop CD/DVD module.

The burner's firmware is the latest.

The burner shows up as working perfectly in Windows Control

Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager, and it burns fine with ImgBurn, just

not PrE. Is all of that correct?

Then I have no clue as to what your problem would be.

With the exact report on each of the above, there would be some clue. For

instance, if you have the Slave/Master jumper wrong, or the connectors of

the cable wrong, then you should see traces of that in Control

Panel>System>>>. You have not, so we can only assume that your

installation of the burner is 100% correct.

At this point, it is a total mystery.

Good luck,

Hunt

>

• 7. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
                      the_wine_snob Level 9
                      yes I do have nero it came with the burner, nero 7, I did get an earlier INCD error, but when I look in programs I do not see INCD to remove it.

That is the problem. When done as a default install (unless they have changed this recently), both Nero and Roxio will install their packet-writing software, eithe InCD for Nero, or DLA for Roxio. Though it is a module (in each), it is not listed separately in Add/Remove Programs.

One must first uninstall the complete suite of programs, then run a Registry cleaner, like CCleaner several times to get rid of all of the "tentacles" that the program will leave behind. Once clean, reinstall, but choose Custom Install. Do NOT install InCD. I also recommend against installing the various "indexing" modules and folder "watchers." These really get in the way, take CPU cycles and will often stop an editing program from working. They contribute nothing, IMO.

While you're at it, get the latest firmware for your burner.

Then, unless you have an issue with your burner and its connections, Adobe programs should be able to see and use your burner.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
                        jeffray22 Level 1

Thank you, I will try this. I did see a dla and took it out, but I think

it was a microsoft module, Christ I have nero 7&8 installed that came with

different burners. Maybe Abobe could warn people?

JR

>> yes I do have nero it came with the burner, nero 7, I did get an earlier

>> INCD error, but when I look in programs I do not see INCD to remove it.

That is the problem. When done as a default install (unless they have

changed this recently), both Nero and Roxio will install their

packet-writing software, eithe InCD for Nero, or DLA for Roxio. Though it

is a module (in each), it is not listed separately in Add/Remove Programs.

One must first uninstall the complete suite of programs, then run a

Registry cleaner, like CCleaner several times to get rid of all of the

"tentacles" that the program will leave behind. Once clean, reinstall, but

choose Custom Install. Do NOT install InCD. I also recommend against

installing the various "indexing" modules and folder "watchers." These

really get in the way, take CPU cycles and will often stop an editing

program from working. They contribute nothing, IMO.

While you're at it, get the latest firmware for your burner.

Then, unless you have an issue with your burner and its connections, Adobe

programs should be able to see and use your burner.

Good luck,

Hunt

>

• 9. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
                          the_wine_snob Level 9
                          Maybe Abobe could warn people?

Actually, they do. That is what that FAQ article is about from the Encore forum. There is also an Adobe KB Article, that much of that is taken from, but I did not have the bookmark to it - only to the Encore FAQ.

It was only recently that I discovered the same issue with Quicken, from a post similar to yours in the Encore forum. I have had Quicken from when it was a US$9.00 program on a floppy, and had never used its Backup to CD function. We tracked down all of the "usual suspects," and could not find the problem. For some reason, in the questioning, the OP remembered using Quicken to back up to CD long ago. He/she also commented that their OS saw one of the DVD burners as only a CD burner - odd. Well, Quicken, when used this way, will invoke any InCD/DLA module that it can find. In this case, it was the Windows packet-wirting module, that normall does not get in the way, as it is not usually invoked. Once Quicken did this, it was always loaded at bootup and "hooked" the burner used. It changed its designation in the OS to CD and messed things up royaly. The OP had to uninstall Quicken, the reinstall it, and use another form of backup from then on. I learned of a potential new problem that day.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - I would also fear that if Adobe put a warning on their boxes, then Roxio and Nero (plus Intuit/Quicken) would be launching all sorts of defimation law suits...

• 10. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
                            jeffray22 Level 1

Christ how would it be defamation, if it is true? Maybe nero should have a

special install instruction or detection for product F ups. I tried

calling Adobe again this morning was on hold for an hour, no one answered?

Nero wants $1.29 a minute to solve their problem. This is not good. I did

a reinstall of Nero and still have the same problem, ran crap cleaner

twice.I must still be missing something.

>> Maybe Abobe could warn people?

Actually, they do. That is what that FAQ article is about from the Encore

forum. There is also an Adobe KB Article, that much of that is taken from,

but I did not have the bookmark to it - only to the Encore FAQ.

It was only recently that I discovered the same issue with Quicken, from a

post similar to yours in the Encore forum. I have had Quicken from when it

was a US$9.00 program on a floppy, and had never used its Backup to CD

function. We tracked down all of the "usual suspects," and could not find

the problem. For some reason, in the questioning, the OP remembered using

Quicken to back up to CD long ago. He/she also commented that their OS saw

one of the DVD burners as only a CD burner - odd. Well, Quicken, when used

this way, will invoke any InCD/DLA module that it can find. In this case,

it was the Windows packet-wirting module, that normall does not get in the

way, as it is not usually invoked. Once Quicken did this, it was always

loaded at bootup and "hooked" the burner used. It changed its designation

in the OS to CD and messed things up royaly. The OP had to uninstall

Quicken, the reinstall it, and use another form of backup from then on. I

learned of a potential new problem that day.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - I would also fear that if Adobe put a warning on their boxes, then

Roxio and Nero (plus Intuit/Quicken) would be launching all sorts of

defimation law suits...

>

• 11. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
                              jeffray22 Level 1

Do I really need Nero to run my burner? Can I just dump this piece of crap?

>> Maybe Abobe could warn people?

Actually, they do. That is what that FAQ article is about from the Encore

forum. There is also an Adobe KB Article, that much of that is taken from,

but I did not have the bookmark to it - only to the Encore FAQ.

It was only recently that I discovered the same issue with Quicken, from a

post similar to yours in the Encore forum. I have had Quicken from when it

was a US$9.00 program on a floppy, and had never used its Backup to CD

function. We tracked down all of the "usual suspects," and could not find

the problem. For some reason, in the questioning, the OP remembered using

Quicken to back up to CD long ago. He/she also commented that their OS saw

one of the DVD burners as only a CD burner - odd. Well, Quicken, when used

this way, will invoke any InCD/DLA module that it can find. In this case,

it was the Windows packet-wirting module, that normall does not get in the

way, as it is not usually invoked. Once Quicken did this, it was always

loaded at bootup and "hooked" the burner used. It changed its designation

in the OS to CD and messed things up royaly. The OP had to uninstall

Quicken, the reinstall it, and use another form of backup from then on. I

learned of a potential new problem that day.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - I would also fear that if Adobe put a warning on their boxes, then

Roxio and Nero (plus Intuit/Quicken) would be launching all sorts of

defimation law suits...

>

• 12. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
                                the_wine_snob Level 9

Some things might be improving, even if only slightly. Via reports from the "field," it appears that either Roxio, or Nero, has changed their old "default" installation from "everything, including the kitchen sink," to a minimal, with the ability to do a custom install, picking just the modules, that one wants. It was just the opposite in the past. I have not gotten any new versions of Nero in a long time, and have not had Roxio in years, so I do not know, A.) if this is true, or B.) which of the two has made the change - could be both.

HP used to have a version of DLA with their DVD burner utilities, but it caused so many similar issues, that they discontinued it years ago. Do not know if they have put it back.

What happens is that with a packet-writing module, at bootup, the module "hooks" the burner and then watches both it and Windows Explorer, waiting for one to do a drag-and-drop. Basically, it converts the burner into a virtual HDD. It does not let go of the burner, and continues to control it, even if the user is not doing drag-and-drop. When an Adobe (and Gear too) program tries to access the burner, it's told that it's not really a burner, but a virtual HDD. Hence, the program cannot find a burner. This is a gross over-simplification, but you get the idea.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 13. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
                                  jeffray22 Level 1

I do appreciate  the info! High regards.

Jeffray

Some things might be improving, even if only slightly. Via reports from

the "field," it appears that either Roxio, or Nero, has changed their old

"default" installation from "everything, including the kitchen sink," to a

minimal, with the ability to do a custom install, picking just the

modules, that one wants. It was just the opposite in the past. I have not

gotten any new versions of Nero in a long time, and have not had Roxio in

years, so I do not know, A.) if this is true, or B.) which of the two has

made the change - could be both.

HP used to have a version of DLA with their DVD burner utilities, but it

caused so many similar issues, that they discontinued it years ago. Do not

know if they have put it back.

What happens is that with a packet-writing module, at bootup, the module

"hooks" the burner and then watches both it and Windows Explorer, waiting

for one to do a drag-and-drop. Basically, it converts the burner into a

virtual HDD. It does not let go of the burner, and continues to control

it, even if the user is not doing drag-and-drop. When an Adobe (and Gear

too) program tries to access the burner, it's told that it's not really a

burner, but a virtual HDD. Hence, the program cannot find a burner. This

is a gross over-simplification, but you get the idea.

Good luck,

Hunt

>

• 14. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
                                    the_wine_snob Level 9
                                    Do I really need Nero to run my burner? Can I just dump this piece of crap?

I do have a few modules of Nero on both machines, and they coexist fine with plenty of Adobe software. However, I have also NOT installed some modules. I probably use Nero Vison most of all, but rely on CyberLink's PowerDVD much more often.

Now, the little freeware program, ImgBurn, will do almost everything that Nero can do, regarding burning CD's and DVD's. If I do not use Adobe Encore, I use ImgBurn. I also have Gear Pro on my workstation, but do not use it much. Could have saved a lot of money on that one...

Good luck,

Hunt

• 15. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
                                      jeffray22 Level 1

Hey, after 6 hours on the tele with hamir, I convinced him that we should

dump PE7 and relode. He set me up a 30 day trial useage instead of a

permanent load, so the beat goes on, and I will have to call back

tommorrow since it is now after hours, and can't be fixed today. I did

find out another piece of the puzzle, Dell loads sonic dvd on their

systems, if you use it once, it which also conflicts, and a piece of stuff

called REAL PLAYER, also conflicts, if you use it once, plus real player

makes multiple backups of your projects, and will make so many it will

crash your hard drive!!!. Pretty cool huh? Thank you for your help,

JR

>> Do I really need Nero to run my burner? Can I just dump this piece of

>> crap?

I do have a few modules of Nero on both machines, and they coexist fine

with plenty of Adobe software. However, I have also NOT installed some

modules. I probably use Nero Vison most of all, but rely on CyberLink's

PowerDVD much more often.

Now, the little freeware program, http://www.imgburn.com, will do almost

everything that Nero can do, regarding burning CD's and DVD's. If I do not

use Adobe Encore, I use ImgBurn. I also have Gear Pro on my workstation,

but do not use it much. Could have saved a lot of money on that one...

>

Good luck,

Hunt

>

• 16. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
                                        the_wine_snob Level 9
                                        also conflicts, and a piece of stuff called REAL PLAYER, also conflicts, if you use it once, plus real player makes multiple backups of your projects, and will make so many it will crash your hard drive!!!.

Real Player. I thought that piece of virus was long gone. Back ten, or more years ago, I rid all of my systems of that program. It was worse than a Trojan, IMO. I thought that it had died an inglorious death. Guess not.

Dell loads sonic dvd on their systems,

Now, remember that both PrE and Adobe Encore are built on the Sonic Authorcore. I am surprised that it would get in the way, but thanks for the H/U.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 17. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
                                          jeffray22 Level 1

I think what the deal is, that it conflicts with Nero, only one can exist

at a time. Also since I got slipped the trial version PE7 instead of the

real deal, it won't accept my serial number, so it prints a message banner

across the center of the film "PRODUCED WITH ADOBE TRIAL VERSION"! The

film is unusable. And the beat goes on. I don't know where the real player

came from, it just popped up one day and I opened it to play a clip, and

the rest was a train wreck. It did crash my stuff before I could clean it

out. I hope I got it all? That might also be a part of the problem.

JR

>> also conflicts, and a piece of stuff called REAL PLAYER, also conflicts,

>> if you use it once, plus real player makes multiple backups of your

>> projects, and will make so many it will crash your hard drive!!!.

Real Player. I thought that piece of virus was long gone. Back ten, or

more years ago, I rid all of my systems of that program. It was worse than

a Trojan, IMO. I thought that it had died an inglorious death. Guess not.

>> Dell loads sonic dvd on their systems,

Now, remember that both PrE and Adobe Encore are built on the Sonic

Authorcore. I am surprised that it would get in the way, but thanks for

the H/U.

Good luck,

Hunt

>

• 18. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
                                            the_wine_snob Level 9
                                            I think what the deal is, that it conflicts with Nero, only one can exist at a time

Actually, most of Nero can coexist with PrE, PrPro and Encore. It's just a few of its "modules," that cannot. The InCD is one that WILL stop all Adobe programs from finding a burner, because it basically tells Adobe that this is NOT a burner - it's a virtual HDD. Adobe sees it as such, so thinks that you have no burner. ImgBurn will sneak past Nero and discover its little trick. It will by-pass Nero and use the burner, that it knows is really a burner.

The only way that I know of to remove InCD is to totally uninstall all of Nero (same for Roxio too), and then run a good Registry cleaner, like CCleaner a couple of times. Then, do a Custom install of Nero and do NOT check InCD, any Watcher, Indexer, or Sniffer modules - NONE! Then, the program and Adobe can coexist fine. I have the stripped down version of Nero on two machines, and both have Adobe programs, that burn DVD's perfectly with no issue. Ninety percent of Nero is there and it works perfectly too. If I need InCD, or Roxio's DLA, I'll install it on another computer, that I do not use any Adobe burning apps on.

since I got slipped the trial version PE7 instead of the real deal, it won't accept my serial number, so it prints a message banner across the center of the film "PRODUCED WITH ADOBE TRIAL VERSION"! The film is unusable.

Unfortunately, this is an issue that must be taken up directly with Adobe. I highly doubt that any user here can offer anything but encouragement to you. Adobe shipped you the wrong product and now they need to help you get it sorted with a proper S/N.

The one issue that I had with Adobe S/N's was long ago. I upgraded from about Illustrator 2.5 to AI 5.0. My S/N was a totally different style. My upgrade would not take it. I called Adobe, and in five minutes, even with hold-time, they gave me some numbers to enter, all was updated and installed, and I was using my new AI in just a few minutes. Now, back then Adobe TS was in the US, and it seems that it was much better, than what we have now. Things change. You just need to stay on Adobe TS to get your issue handled, even if it means listening to a lot of junk music, while on hold.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 19. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
                                              jeffray22 Level 1

Most appreciated.

JR

>> I think what the deal is, that it conflicts with Nero, only one can

>> exist at a time

Actually, most of Nero can coexist with PrE, PrPro and Encore. It's just a

few of its "modules," that cannot. The InCD is one that WILL stop all

Adobe programs from finding a burner, because it basically tells Adobe

that this is NOT a burner - it's a virtual HDD. Adobe sees it as such, so

thinks that you have no burner. ImgBurn will sneak past Nero and discover

its little trick. It will by-pass Nero and use the burner, that it knows

is really a burner.

The only way that I know of to remove InCD is to totally uninstall all of

Nero (same for Roxio too), and then run a good Registry cleaner, like

CCleaner a couple of times. Then, do a Custom install of Nero and do NOT

check InCD, any Watcher, Indexer, or Sniffer modules - NONE! Then, the

program and Adobe can coexist fine. I have the stripped down version of

Nero on two machines, and both have Adobe programs, that burn DVD's

perfectly with no issue. Ninety percent of Nero is there and it works

perfectly too. If I need InCD, or Roxio's DLA, I'll install it on another

computer, that I do not use any Adobe burning apps on.

>> since I got slipped the trial version PE7 instead of the real deal, it

>> won't accept my serial number, so it prints a message banner across the

>> center of the film "PRODUCED WITH ADOBE TRIAL VERSION"! The film is

>> unusable.

Unfortunately, this is an issue that must be taken up directly with Adobe.

I highly doubt that any user here can offer anything but encouragement to

you. Adobe shipped you the wrong product and now they need to help you get

it sorted with a proper S/N.

The one issue that I had with Adobe S/N's was long ago. I upgraded from

about Illustrator 2.5 to AI 5.0. My S/N was a totally different style. My

upgrade would not take it. I called Adobe, and in five minutes, even with

hold-time, they gave me some numbers to enter, all was updated and

installed, and I was using my new AI in just a few minutes. Now, back then

Adobe TS was in the US, and it seems that it was much better, than what we

have now. Things change. You just need to stay on Adobe TS to get your

issue handled, even if it means listening to a lot of junk music, while on

hold.

Good luck,

Hunt

>

• 20. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
                                                jeffray22 Level 1

I have tried to get an answer from adobe about a link they told me to use

to clean out my system, after removing the program for the third time.

They told me to go to: www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs4clean.xp.html

They said this would clean out all traces of the program, and should be

done before attempting a re-install of PE7. I tried the link it did not

get results. Would CrapCleaner be just as good as their suggestion? I want

to move forward, but I am not getting timely results with adobe support.

The portal states up to three days for a response. This makes 7 hours on

the phone with them so far. They need to put you on the payroll.

Jeff LaFrance

>> exist at a time

is really a burner.

>> unusable.

hold.

Good luck,

Hunt

>

• 21. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
                                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Jeff,

Looks like you were directed to the Adobe Clean Script for CS4. I have never used any of these, as I have never had to reinstall. I do know that there were different versions for CS3 and CS4. However, if Adobe TS directed you there, they should know. I just do not. What the Clean Script does is to remove anything related to CS4, including folders. It does more than just Registry clean up.

CCleaner is for the Registry, with settings to also clean out cookies, temporary Internet files, and the like. I doubt that it would touch any folder, or their contents, but that is just a guess.

Sorry, but I just have no experience with this sort of thing,

Hunt

• 22. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
                                                    jeffray22 Level 1

Hey, I have not heard back from customer support about the cleaner they

recommended so I went ahead and reloaded PE7, first dumped Sonic DVD, ran

crap cleaner, and have now completed six news briefs, and two

documentaries without a hitch. Thank you for all your help. I did fill out

the customer questionaire, they did not get a good review. They asked the

question about how I thought they could improve, and I suggested a

diognostic tool that could detect the cause of these problems, and would

probably save them some greif, and some good will, doubt that they will

consider it but you never know. If you are left wing, don't go to my web

site, you wouldn't like it. I do appreciate your help, I like you even if

you are left wing.

Thank you,

Jeff LaFrance

http://www.4thepeople.us     Patriot films.

>> exist at a time

is really a burner.

>> unusable.

hold.

Good luck,

Hunt

>

• 23. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
                                                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Jeff,

Glad that you are up and editing.

As for Adobe TS, they have been getting many bad marks lately, so you are not alone.

As for the diagnostic tool, that is a great idea. I have been requesting similar for Encore, but more of a pre-flight Project diagnostic tool. Encore's "Check Project," only looks at the DVD-compliant navigation, and not at the Assets, or the Timelines. There can still be problems. With Adobe InDesign, the layout program, there is a Pre-flight, that checks everything from fonts, to files, to links to files. Very good tool. Encore could use one of those, but my requests have not caught Adobe's attention - yet.

As users, we need to let them know what we want to work more efficiently. I file about 10 Feature Requests per year for all my Adobe programs. First, I check to make sure that I am just not missing something, or maybe "doing it wrong." OE is no reason to file a Request. Same for Adobe TS - they need to know the truth about the job they do. Trust me, decades ago, Adobe was one of the best. Nowadays, if one can actually reach a software, or hardware company's TS at all, it's a bloody miracle. To get a useful response is even more astounding. That is one of the things that I love about SmartSound - they have great TS and are so quick that it seems they are sitting at their e-mail machine, just waiting for my correspondence. I sing their praises everywhere.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 24. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
                                                        jeffray22 Level 1

I realize OE is the major component, but they need to recognize and make

it user friendly, to solve problems quickly. IE: I still have not gotten a

response from my last Q, and if I did not take steps to go ahead, I would

still be in limbo. May we could collaborate on a session where we play off

each other, I used to do that on the radio, I would play Ed McMann, and

Johnny would explain it to me, and then swap roles. I'll be Ed, and you

could explain it to me, maybe we could make some money, solving their TS

short fall. $ 1.00 for a real question, $2.00 for a stupid question?

Thank you,

Jeff LaFrance

Jeff,

Glad that you are up and editing.

As for Adobe TS, they have been getting many bad marks lately, so you are

not alone.

As for the diagnostic tool, that is a great idea. I have been requesting

similar for Encore, but more of a pre-flight Project diagnostic tool.

Encore's "Check Project," only looks at the DVD-compliant navigation, and

not at the Assets, or the Timelines. There can still be problems. With

Adobe InDesign, the layout program, there is a Pre-flight, that checks

everything from fonts, to files, to links to files. Very good tool. Encore

could use one of those, but my requests have not caught Adobe's attention

- yet.

As users, we need to let them know what we want to work more efficiently.

I file about 10 Feature Requests per year for all my Adobe programs.

First, I check to make sure that I am just not missing something, or maybe

"doing it wrong." OE is no reason to file a Request. Same for Adobe TS -

they need to know the truth about the job they do. Trust me, decades ago,

Adobe was one of the best. Nowadays, if one can actually reach a software,

or hardware company's TS at all, it's a bloody miracle. To get a useful

response is even more astounding. That is one of the things that I love

about SmartSound - they have great TS and are so quick that it seems they

are sitting at their e-mail machine, just waiting for my correspondence. I

sing their praises everywhere.

Good luck,

Hunt

>

• 25. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
                                                          the_wine_snob Level 9
                                                          maybe we could make some money, solving their TS short fall. $ 1.00 for a real question, $2.00 for a stupid question?

I like that idea. Unfortunately, with the current TS setup, the tecs. have a script. It reads, "uninstall, then reinstall" There is no line two.

Now, on this forum, there are no stupid questions. For the ones, that have been asked and answered before, there are usually either FAQ articles, or Tip & Tricks articles. About the third time that I answer a common question, I do a Tips & Tricks article and try to tailor it to both PrE and PrPro, as I frequent those fora too. The Tips & Tricks sub-forum is a great repository for a lot of useful info.

Once, I would have added that responses on the forum might take longer, than TS. I now realize that most users will get quicker responses here, than there.

Plus - the forum is FREE! Also, we will seldom say, "uninstall, then reinstall," unless THAT is the correct answer. It seldom is, though can correct a bad installation. I'm much more a fan of a Repair Installation, in most of those cases, as I am a lazy sot, and hate doing things that take a lot of time, if one can get the positive results with much less work.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 26. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
                                                            jeffray22 Level 1

I am sorry but you are wrong! There are really dumb questions, and I

happen to just have asked many of them myself! Oh I am not supposed to

admit that am I? O well cat out of the bag. Thank you Hunt, I appreciate

the help. Please uninstall the confession.

Jeff LaFrance

>> maybe we could make some money, solving their TS short fall. $ 1.00 for

>> a real question, $2.00 for a stupid question?

I like that idea. Unfortunately, with the current TS setup, the tecs. have

a script. It reads, "uninstall, then reinstall" There is no line two.

Now, on this forum, there are no stupid questions. For the ones, that have

been asked and answered before, there are usually either FAQ articles, or

Tip & Tricks articles. About the third time that I answer a common

question, I do a Tips & Tricks article and try to tailor it to both PrE

and PrPro, as I frequent those fora too. The Tips & Tricks sub-forum is a

great repository for a lot of useful info.

Once, I would have added that responses on the forum might take longer,

than TS. I now realize that most users will get quicker responses here,

than there.

Plus - the forum is FREE! Also, we will seldom say, "uninstall, then

reinstall," unless THAT is the correct answer. It seldom is, though can

correct a bad installation. I'm much more a fan of a Repair Installation,

in most of those cases, as I am a lazy sot, and hate doing things that

take a lot of time, if one can get the positive results with much less

work.

Good luck,

Hunt

>

• 27. Re: PE 7 won't burn to dvd
                                                              the_wine_snob Level 9
                                                              I am sorry but you are wrong! There are really dumb questions, and I happen to just have asked many of them myself!

Well, we both have probably regretted asking some of these, but by having asked, we often provide answers for others, who come to the forum with those same questions. At least, that is what I am hoping. Amazing how often the same "dumb questions" come up - over and over. If the answers are in the forum, it saves them the embarassment of having to ask them again... heck, I've already done that!

Hunt