5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2009 12:41 PM by Sugartalker

Premiere Elements.exe 7.0 Stops working.

Sugartalker

Hello.

My Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0 keeps doing the following:

When I open my project file, it stops and I get the message:

Adobe Premiere Elements.exe has stopped working.

A problem stopped the program from working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is

available.

So then I reboot windows and just before it shuts down, I get the following message:

PhotoshopServer.exe - Application Error

The exception unknown software exception (0xc000000d) occured in the

application at location 0x750c8aa0.

Click OK to terminate program

If I open a new project file, it works fine but if I try to open the one that stopped working,

I get the same problem again.

I am running both Premiere Elements 7.0 & Photoshop Elements 7.0 on:

PC: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz

Memory: 12 GB RAM

Hard Drive: 932 GB

Video Card: NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700

Sound Card: Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1

I am having no other issues other than this one with my PC.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Arne

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements.exe 7.0 Stops working.
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

So you're saying that your problem is with this project and only this project?

What can you tell us about the project?

How long is the project? Is it saved to your C drive or an external hard drive?

What kind of camcorder did your video come from and how did you get it into your computer?

Are there photos in the project? What are their resolutions?

What special effects have been added?

Any detail you can think of.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements.exe 7.0 Stops working.
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Along with very important answers to Steve's questions, you might want to take a look at this ARTICLE. It might help you quickly gather some clues as to what is hanging PrE, and what is also causing your unhandled exception. Some of the messages from Event Viewer will be so cryptic, that no one could gather anthing useful from them. Still, there should be a few, especially the ones with links, that will give you clues.

With unhandled exceptions, there is usually some program, that is not reporting memory usage and addresses to the OS. This could be PrE (though it is usually very good), but is most likely some program, or Process, that is loading at bootup. If you would do a screen-cap of the various loaded programs, from Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del), and open the Processes Tab. You will have a long list of Processes that are loaded, and will want to expand the view to see all of them. Hint: use the little "camera" icon in the lower-row-middle of the forum editing screen's Toolbar to attach the screen-cap.

Adobe_Forum_Image.jpg

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements.exe 7.0 Stops working.
              Sugartalker Level 1

Thank you for your replies. I figured it out. If you gather too many files in the "Organize/Album" section, or what ever it's called, then it will stop working and opening it again may happen after many reboots. Now I just keep it clear and it works fine.

I have been thinking about buying the the Production Suite for a long time but I'm way too spooked after this and all the problems I had with 4.0. I'm thinking I will get Sony Vegas and then buy After Effects separately. This sucks. I was really looking forward to that package but I don't want to spend hours figuring out problems when I should be working. Sorry. Just venting.

Thanks again!

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements.exe 7.0 Stops working.
                the_wine_snob Level 9
                I have been thinking about buying the the Production Suite for a long time but I'm way too spooked after this and all the problems I had with 4.0

If you are talking about the Adobe CS4 Production Suite, with PrPro CS4.1, Encore, AfterEffects, etc., I can highly recommend it. With the CS4.1 update, it has been running beautifully for very many people. Early in the release cycle, there were some issues with PrPro, but these seem to have been ironed out with CS4.1. If you do go with this suite, I would recommend that you instantly update to the CS4.1 version. It will update across the suite and I do not think you will be disappointed.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements.exe 7.0 Stops working.
                  Sugartalker Level 1

Thanks Hunt!

I'm still considering it because I am comfortable with using the Adobe style interface and the Production Suite looks amazing. I just hope that if I do, I can for once just install it, do the updates and use it hassle free.

Thanks again