• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hanging indent settings not reflected in IE07 or IE06

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2009 Aug 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've set hanging indents for our Note paragraph tags, so that the 2nd, etc. lines line up with the first line of the Note, and not with the "Note:" prefix. It displays as indended in RH and in Firefox, but the hanging indent is MIA in IE06 and IE07 (which most of our clients use). Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You're probably using some css that IE can't handle, please post your style, so we can take a look.

You may also want to look at http://www.ehow.com/how_2382848_hanging-indent-css.html.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam -

Thanks for the reply. I created the Note paragraph tag through RH's Styles and Formatting feature. Here's what the css shows for it:

p.Note {
text-indent: -35px;
padding-left: 35px;
}

It originally was "margin-lift: 35px", but I trying switching it to "padding", because the example in the provided link uses that term.

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I hope it'll work, if not, just come back

A note about difference between margin and padding:

Each item in html is a block, so a paragraph is also a block. The margin positions the entire block relative to the previous block (normally).

The padding however does not place the block, but the position of the elements (text, images, etc) within the block.

My guess is that IE can't handle the negative indent in combination with a margin... In other words: Solve all IE bugs, use Firefox

Greets,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp