I had already deleted the unused "stuff" (I'm a fiend for keeping the unneeded bits out of the final product!) What I finally did to fix it was re-record the slide where the first problem occurred (slide #5). Luckily I'm in the habit of entering the text onto the slide, so it was just a matter of re-reading it. Once I fixed the sound on slide #5, the rest of the slides seemed fine. It had affected the project from slide 5 to the end (slide #14.)
Thanks for the assistance. I really appreciate the offer.
Linda Boster | Software Administrator
605 Third Avenue | New York, NY 10158-3560
phone: 212-885-7932 | fax: 212-885-5807
For software/hardware problems, use the IT Help Desk:
For Development/Enterprise issues, use the Development Help Desk:
This e-mail message may contain privileged, confidential and/or proprietary information intended only for the person(s) named. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message, and any attachments, and notify the sender by return e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, disclosure or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact ADL immediately by telephone at 212-885-7700.
Linda B. wrote:
I had already deleted the unused "stuff" (I'm a fiend for keeping the unneeded bits out of the final product!)
While I'm sure it makes you feel better to do it, it's always been my understanding that only the bits that are actually used end up in the final product.
I've always viewed the Library as being similar to a pantry in my kitchen. Sure, I might have Green Beans, Rice and Tomato Sauce sitting on the pantry shelf, but if the recipe I used was for a cake, those elements aren't included in the cake.
Just to double-check myself to ensure I was understanding things correctly, I created a blank three slide project. I published it. The SWF was 355KB.
I then added about 5 megs of audio to the Library and published again using a variation on the name. The resulting SWF was 355KB.
Helpful and Handy Links
Linda. Ahhh. The old gremlins-in -the-object problem. Glad you were able to solve it. --Leslie