3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2009 9:48 AM by the_wine_snob

how do you change image size in the title window?

terryleemartin Level 1

I just changed operating systems to Windows 7, which meant that I had to re install Premiere Pro CS4. I am now working on a 64 bit system. Might not make any difference, but thought I would give you the specifics just in case.  When I pull up the title window to add a title to my clip, the image is about the size of a postage stamp. How do I increase the size of the image in that window?

• 1. Re: how do you change image size in the title window?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

That is an odd one. The Title should be the same Frame Size as your Project/Sequence. What is it's Frame Size? Also, are you perhaps doing a Title based on an older Template, that was done for a different Frame Size?

What happens if you choose Title>New Title>Default Still?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: how do you change image size in the title window?
            terryleemartin Level 1

Thank you again for responding Hunt. I did find out what what was happening.

I had to reinstall the program on my computer. I just upgraded to Windows 7, and I now have a 64 bit system. When I booted up PPCS4, I assumed that my settings would be the same as they were before when I had Vista installed and didn't bother to check them when I started a new project. Well, they were not. I also added a TV tuner card to my computer. I now can watch HD TV on my computer. I suppose that it is possible that somehow PPCS4 noticed that, and set my default settings to HD, rather than NTSC DV. I just merrily went along clicking the OK button and started editing. When I start a new project now, I select NTSC DV and the Title window works just fine, and exactly the way I expect it to.

I just received Jeff Bellune's book Adobe Encore DVD 2.0 in the mail and will be totally immersed in Encore studies today. With all of his children, I don't see how he had time to write it, but I'm glad that he did. I also ordered a book entitled Designing Menus with Encore DVD. I know that it was written for an earlier version than CS4, but I will trust what you said about that. Many things are the same with some minor variations due to upgrades in the program. The basic ideas don't change, but how you accomplish them can, and usually do over time.

Terry Lee Martin

Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 16:04:16 -0600

To: terryleemartin@hotmail.com

Subject: how do you change image size in the title window?

Welcome to the forum.

That is an odd one. The Title should be the same Frame Size as your Project/Sequence. What is it's Frame Size? Also, are you perhaps doing a Title based on an older Template, that was done for a different Frame Size?

What happens if you choose Title>New Title>Default Still?

Good luck,

Hunt

>

• 3. Re: how do you change image size in the title window?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Terry,

Glad that you got it sorted. It almost HAD to be a mismatch to get what you described. I have never seen it, but then, for the reasons that you point out, I likely would not have.

Glad you got Jeff's book. The only thing that will be missing from it will be Adobe DL interaction between PrPro CS4 and En. The Help files will cover that nicely. Everything else will be 100% for any recent version of En.

As for the "Designing of Menus," other than maybe some changed keystrokes, all will apply there too. If it's the same title that I have and am thinking of, it covers doing Menus in a lot of different authoring apps. Still, the concepts translate across the board - only the keystrokes and some palettes will be different to your En CS4.

Good luck,

Hunt