3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2009 4:09 PM by Ned Murphy

how to fade in and fade out buttons ???

emilio888

Hi guys I am building a website and I need help to fade in/ fade out buttons. Here is an example :Picture 1.jpg

Picture 2.jpg

My main goal is that when I roll over the services button, I want the submenu (corporate and weddings) to fade in. Then when I roll over the portfolio button, I want the first submenu (corporate and weddings) to fade out and the second submenu ( clients, corporate, weddings, etc..) to fade in and to stay like this. Finally when I roll over testimonials, the second submenu fades out. And so on for the rest of the buttons.

FYI, i know how to animate the buttons to fade in/out but i dont know how to make them fade out when i roll over the other buttons.. I know this can be done with action script but I have no clue how...

I have attached my fla and swf.

http://www.habouryentertainment.com/files/site09_help.fla

http://www.habouryentertainment.com/files/site09.flw

Your help would be greatly appreciated !!!

Thanks

• 1. Re: how to fade in and fade out buttons ???
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What you should do is take some time to learn about the Tween class.  It's the built-in actionscript wat to animate things by changing their properties.  If you Google "AS2 Tween tutoril" you will likely find some tutorials to get you started.  Once you learn how to use them, you can then also look into using some of the third party tweening classes that are available.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: how to fade in and fade out buttons ???
            emilio888 Level 1

Hi Ned, thanks for the response. I have google the tween class and I have come up with pages full of complex actionscript... If you have a simpler way of resolving my problem that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks again

• 3. Re: how to fade in and fade out buttons ???
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Some things you just have to take the time to unravel and learn.  It's not difficult/complex, you just have to avoid letting the code overwhelm you by its appearance... instead of looking at pages, look at one page at a time, line by line... take your time and follow a tutorial.

People make tutorials to help those that need to learn, so there's no reason for anyone here to reinvent those wheels for every person that comes along.  If you are looking for someone who'll hand you your solved design, sorry, I'm not that guy.

1 person found this helpful