0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2009 6:36 PM by Davyne Bradley

C3  "need permisson to create directories" error

Davyne Bradley

HI,

Our host provider forced us to change all ftp passwords.

In C3 I was unable to find a place to set the password under connections, so was maybe a bit to hasty to delete the current connection and reset a new connection...

When I first went in, I tried to choose admin site, thinking I could generate new connection keys by inputting the new password.  Couldn't even get into the admin, because the admin's ftp new password needed to be changed in C3 before I could even get in to generate new connection keys to users.

So without an option to change the ftp password in local settings, ended up deleting the connection and creating a new connection.  I cannot get the new connection to work:

The error I get is that I do not have sufficient permission to create directories.  I know this to be untrue, sine I can use ftp at the command promt, and on our host serive provider's control panel, with that ftp user.

Path:     /
      Passive Enabled:  true
      ProxyHost: NoneContribute Alternate Rename: no
      Contribute Optimized: no
      ======================== Test Results ==========================

NOTE: Microsoft FTP Service has been detected.  For more information on FTP server compatibility issues, please see
      http://www.macromedia.com/support/contribute/ts/documents/ftp_info.htm
      Login:  SUCCESS!
      Changing Directory To:  /  SUCCESS!
      Directory Listing Test:  SUCCESS!
      Make Directory Test:  The server is unable to create a directory. Please verify that you have sufficient permissions to create a directory.
      ----------------------- FTP log from the last operation ----------------------
      > CWD /
      < 250 CWD command successful.
      > MKD mm_diagnose_nordi
      < 550 mm_diagnose_nordi: Access is denied.
      > CWD /mm_diagnose_nordi
      < 550 /mm_diagnose_nordi: The system cannot find the file specified.
      > CWD /
      < 250 CWD command successful.
      > PASV
      < 227 Entering Passive Mode (98,130,18,140,21,149).
      > TYPE A
      < 200 Type set to A.
      > LIST
      < 125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting.
      < 226 Transfer complete.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, I started with the admin user, who we had left the password blank (which it would not accept)