3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2009 5:36 AM by pguerett

How to store XFA Form as PDF in content space

Piyush Dubey

Hi All,

I have a variable (of type XFA Form) in my process that contains a populated form (the user completed it earlier in the process). Here I need to store the entire PDF form in content space? can anyone suggest how to get it?

Also when i tried to render the PDF on the server using renderPDFForm, i couldn't get what are the properties we need to set for renderPDFForm DSC. can anyone help ?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: How to store XFA Form as PDF in content space
          pguerett Level 6

The xfaForm variable does NOT have the PDF in it. It only has the data from that PDF. You could get the data and remerge it with the template using the RenderForm service that will return to you a PDF (with the data in it). Then you could use the storeContent Service to write the PDF to Contebnt Services.

Alternatively you coudl submit the entire PDF from the form and save the re-render step (assuming that you are not doing anything with the data).

Which way do you want to solve the problem?

Paul

• 2. Re: How to store XFA Form as PDF in content space
            Piyush Dubey Level 1

hi...i want to store in content management by getting the data and remerge it with the template using the RenderForm..

can u please suggest......

Thanks in advance...

• 3. Re: How to store XFA Form as PDF in content space
              pguerett Level 6

There are facilities already in place for that. If you save your form out of designer as a PDF then store that in Content Services you can use the Fill Form option off of the Action menu. If you woudl rather store your XDP, then you must put the XDP in the repository and create a new object in Content Services that references that object. Under the create menu there is a create XDP option. This will allow you to point to the XDP in the repository and will call Form Server for you when you "Fill Form" from the action menu.

Paul