6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2009 9:46 PM by the_wine_snob

Where are the video clips already provided in Adobe PE 7?

videope Level 1

I just downloaded the program and I don't have any video clips of my own.

I understand the program comes with sample videos which I would like to use for practice using the software.

How can I access them?

• 1. Re: Where are the video clips already provided in Adobe PE 7?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Through PrE4, there were some very short "sample Clips" included. It's my understanding that these are not included with PrE7. Now, through, Adobe.com there might be sample Clips available. There are also many Web sites dedicated to sample Clips in various formats.

Another source for Functional Content, of all types is Muvipix. It also has a forum, "Community," much like the Adobe fora, and it's broken down into sub-fora by program, or by operation. There are three ways to access Muvipix: free to read and post, sign-up to access the free Functional Content, plus the "for pay" Functional Content, and fthrough subscription, where everything is free. It doesn't take long to see that the subscription is the way to go, as one day of downloading will more than pay for that subscription.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Where are the video clips already provided in Adobe PE 7?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

There are NO sample videos in Premiere Elements 7 nor in Photoshop Elements 7.

Both these programs come with the free membership for photoshop.com installed. All you have to do is sign up for it. But, I have not found any sample practice video going that route. Now, photoshop.com (free) also promotes "get more" by signing up for its photoshop.com plus (not free). I have not signed up for that and do not know if it offers downloadable sample practice video. Somehow, I doubt it.

More often than not, I will browse the Internet looking for camcorder reviews that post a downloadable practice samples. That has been successful at times. If you go that route, make sure that you are dealing with a reliable site and your virus protection is on, otherwise the search may be more trouble than it is worth and bring up uninvited virus and XXX rated video.

Hunt mentioned a site such as adobe.com as a source for practice videos. I have yet to find any there.

ATR

• 3. Re: Where are the video clips already provided in Adobe PE 7?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Tony,

This is my understanding, as well. Back with PrE 4, there were "sample files," that work well for testing and for practice. I am sad that Adobe chose to not include these with PrE 7. I have most in a "test" Project, to see if I can duplicate others' problems. Obviously, I have many Assets to choose from, but I also have a responsibility to my clients to not use any of their footage on a forum, regardless of the end use.

Going back to PS 2.5, there were always "sample files." Now, Adobe seems to want folk to sign up for Web access. OK, just not something that I am likkely to do.

Hunt

• 4. Re: Where are the video clips already provided in Adobe PE 7?
                videope Level 1

Thank you guys for your answers.

This forum really works.

I am sure I will post more questions as I go along trying to learn the program.

I am new at this and have ordered the classroom books that will arrive in about 3 weeks.

In the meantime, it's good to know that you are there to help.

Thanks again.

• 5. Re: Where are the video clips already provided in Adobe PE 7?
                  videope Level 1

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have posted a message closing this issue.

Really impressed with the forum.

• 6. Re: Where are the video clips already provided in Adobe PE 7?
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Do not hesitate to post back, when you have those questions. This forum is pretty good at providing answers.

Hunt