3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2009 4:44 AM by Jay Chevako

From Mac to PC files?

Snow345

Hello

I have a lot of Pagemaker 6.5 files in Mac OS 9.1. Now I would need these to PC Windows XP files.

I've tried to save them in Mac as .pmd, .p65, .pm6 but none of them works on my PC. I also tried to save them in Mac as a 6.0 file, it won't open in XP.

I even tried to open with InDesing CS4. It does not recognize the file, error is: Cannot open the file ...pm6.Adobe InDesign may not support the file format...

The only error I get in PM 6.5 (on my PC) is : cannot open this file. This type of document cannot be open... 8009:20481

How can I convert these Mac files in to PC files? I have access to both my PC and Mac.

• 1. Re: From Mac to PC files?
          Level 4

Files need to be same version to open cross platform.

• 2. Re: From Mac to PC files?
            Snow345 Level 1

Hello

OK, How do you mean same version?

I have pagemaker 6.5 on both my mac and my PC.

As I stated before, I tried to open in my PC the .pmd file (that was the original MAC file) that didn't work.

I tried to save in my MAC the file as .p65 and open that on my PC, didn't work.

I saved the file as a 6.0 in MAC and tried to open in PC, no luck.

I even downloaded the converter for mac to pc program, but that didn't work either (and later I found out that was only for 6.0 versions)

All of the files above I tried to open in InDesign CS4 that didn't work either.

Could you please provide me a little bit more information on how to do this?

BR

• 3. Re: From Mac to PC files?
              Jay Chevako Level 3

Snow345 wrote:

Hello

OK, How do you mean same version?

I have pagemaker 6.5 on both my mac and my PC.

As I stated before, I tried to open in my PC the .pmd file (that was the original MAC file) that didn't work.

I tried to save in my MAC the file as .p65 and open that on my PC, didn't work.

If the original file was a .pmd file then you have pagemaker 7 on the mac.  You did say you tried to downsave to .p65 and that did not work. How are you transfering the files between the mac and the pc? Do the files you are trying to open have  "._ " before the file name?

Try zipping/stuffing the file on the mac before transfering the files.

Jay