4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2010 6:37 PM by mdochter

Adobe Premiere CS4 on Vista 64 bit with Canopus ACEDVIO

mdochter

I have not had much success getting Premiere CS4 to stream video properly connected to an external device: a Canopus (aka Grass Valley) ACEDVIO card (OHCI compliant). The video starts of smooth, when I start it, however it starts to jerk and slow down considerable, eventually freezing on the screen (the audio continues to stream).

My motherboard is an Asus P5P43TD PRO RT, running an Intel Core 2 quad 9550 2.83ghz processor, 4 GB RAM, and includes an EVGA 9800 GT video card. BTW: This configuration works fine with Sony Vegas 9. Smooth video.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere CS4 on Vista 64 bit with Canopus ACEDVIO
          Jim_Simon Level 8

Is it the Firewire output that freezes, or Premiere's own monitor?

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere CS4 on Vista 64 bit with Canopus ACEDVIO
            DavBPad

Have you made any progress with this issue since your last post or scrapped the setup altogether?

I actually have the same setup: Premiere Pro CS4 on Vista x64 and an ACEDVio pci card. I have been capturing through the ACEDVio firewire ports and using the card's s-video output to monitor my editing on a studio monitor without any problems. The only function I haven't use on my current setup is the analog capture.

I know I have to manually set the playback settings to output to ACEDVio as it does not do so by default, but other than that I don't see why your setup isn't working. Let me know if I can offer you anymore insight.

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere CS4 on Vista 64 bit with Canopus ACEDVIO
              SirPadrid88

Update: This is from 'DavBPad'. My old account was not properly tied with my email address and my product registration. If you would like to reach me please do so by contacting me at my current 'SirPadrid88' username, or by continuing to post to this thread that I will now watch and respond to as SirPadrid88.

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere CS4 on Vista 64 bit with Canopus ACEDVIO
                mdochter Level 1

To be totally honest, I gave up. I am using both Canopus Edius and Sony Vegas successfully so I know my computer architecture and config are fine.

I have been working with software for over 30 years (mainframe, database, and desktop) and now work for one of the largest software companies on the planet. After a while, you simply work with the products that work. I do not have time to debug the Adobe Premier product ... that is the Sofware Engineer's job.

I would be pleased to work with someone if they want to see the issue ... in the meantime I pray that you all have success with this product ... I have tried (several different versions of it) and although I love the interface, there is something substantially different about its core ....

mdochter