2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2009 12:04 PM by mikewilson4

Problem closing popup window in flash player 10.0.32.18

mikewilson4

Hello,

I'm new to the forum so please bear with me. I'm a web designer but I just don't use a lot of Flash. I'm sure this will change as time goes on. For now, I'm still using an old version of Flash MX on my Mac - Flash MX version 6. But I don't think that has anything to do with the problem. I designed a flash animation for my wife's website back in 2004 and it has always worked perfectly up until installing the most recent Flash Player 10.0.32.18 just a few days ago. Here's the problem:

On my wife's website, we have a special link called "view presentation". You click on that link and a smaller, separate window pops up. Inside of this pop up window is the flash animation (the actual swf file). In the HTML code for the pop up window, I have coded the following javascript:

function closeWin() {

if (document.images) {

self.close();

}

}

The above script, closeWin() is called from a button called "Quit" that the user clicks on in the actual swf file inside of the pop up window. Here is the code from the swf Actionscript:

on (release) {

stopAllSounds();

getURL("javascript:closeWin();", "_self");

}

This has always worked perfectly right up to Flash Player version 10.0.22.87 - the window closed as soon as the user clicked on the button. But now, with the most recent Flash Player 10.0.32.18 installed, it no longer works. The pop up window no longer closes.

Obviously, something has changed in this latest version of Flash Player 10.0.32.18 which has caused this to stop working. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much,

Mike