3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2009 8:11 AM by the_wine_snob

Smartsound music

mejanr Level 1

Hi,

When I order a music track, will home quality, as opposed to Pro quality be good enough for an amateur production? It will not be broadcast on TV, just played from a DVD player or computer.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Smartsound music
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I think you'll be very happy with the sound quality, Mejan.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Smartsound music
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Yes. Their 22KHz material is quite good. Many years ago, I picked up their entire "Home Movie" set, at a really good price. I have never regretted that purchase, as I have used cuts from that "compilation" for those years. I have not heard their AMI (IIRC) series of 22KHz music, but would assume that the quality of it is up to the "Home Movie" set. Now, I have many of the cuts in that 22HKz set, duplicated but in 44KHz from other Libraries, and I can barely tell the difference. I do not hesitate to put in a cut from that, right next to one from the Strata Series, that has been worked on in SonicFire Pro. I feel that that 22KHz material is a real bargain.

I'm about to put up an article in the Tips & Tricks sub-forum on SmartSound. It's actually off at SmartSound being edited for accuracy right now. I expect to get the e-mail back by end-of-business (PST) today. If you have other SmartSound questions, you might find the answers in that article. If not, do not hesitate to ask.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS they have a sale on some of their other music right now

• 3. Re: Smartsound music
              the_wine_snob Level 9

For some general background on SmartSound, here is my recent ARTICLE on it in the Tips & Tricks sub-forum.

Hunt

1 person found this helpful