2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2009 5:29 AM by hitesh.rawat

Flex 3 Demo

hitesh.rawat Level 1

Hi....

I am using Flex Builder 60 days Demo which i downloaded from the Adobe.com . There are some issues i have started facing recenlty......just want to verify if i'm the only one.....facing this issue.

It happens sometime that the flex builder starts behaving strangely ......by strangly i mean...that.....i built a small application to play different SWF on a SWFloader while picking the path from a XML file. I closed the work .....and after some time like an hour......i tried to test the app. again, just tried running it.......but it didn't.........no errors shown while compling or running.....however it didn't yield the required result........

So this just created a doubt in my mind........that is there any limitation to the Demo version of the product........??

Thanks

• 1. Re: Flex 3 Demo
          Gregory Lafrance Level 6

The kind of problem you are describing is not with the trial version of Flex Builder. It must be something else.

Perhaps post some simplified yet complete sample code.

If this post answers your question or helps, please mark it as such.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Flex 3 Demo
            hitesh.rawat Level 1

text1.text =  myXML.child(IndexNumber).attribute("source");

this is wat i was trying to do.

Text1 - text box;

myXML -- a external XML file on local compute;

indexNumber -- index number of the file selected from a list

source -- attribute of the node in the xml.............

the issue was.....the code was working fine...........after the break i came back........the same code....didn't work...........when i debugged it....it gave me the correct Index number.....but was not able to pull up the source..........didn't knew how to and wat to do?

then after sometime ........ it started pulling the source attribute............i'm sure i didn't change anything in the code.............this has happens to me for like 3-4times.............wasn;t able to guess anything from my side.......thats why posted it here............

hoping this helps...........

although i'm marking it helpful.....but will post again............if i find anything new regarding this.............

thanks