10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2009 7:00 PM by the_wine_snob

PRE & support

gedash99

Basically just trying to find out about an upgrade I purchased, frigg'n forget phone support the wait can be up to 2- 3 days or a week.

I purchased plus for PRE have a receipt and all but it doesn’t recognize anything. I went to access your account on line and was sent around in circles before posting a question. They say always confuse your opponent and maybe they will go away seems to be Adobes policy. Freighting to think I am an opponent when all I want to do is edit videos which I upgraded to plus for so I could get the frigg’n tutorials that you have to pay for. Horsehockey!

Are there any other way to get into Adobe support without offending someone’s cents abilities?

Gedash99

• 1. Re: PRE & support
          gedash99 Level 1

One last thing to got to Adobe Forums see if you can find PRE Forum?

Gedash99

• 2. Re: PRE & support
            Kodebuster Level 3

We may be able to help you on your way, but you'll need to be a little more descriptive on your current issue.

Does the upgrade install correctly, but you have issues on recognizing videos ???

Or is it an install issue with the upgrade ???

The more info you provide, the easier it is for Users of the Forum to help you along.

Also, this is a User supported Forum, Adobe Support does not monitor any of the threads...

• 3. Re: PRE & support
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>plus for PRE

I don't have "plus" for Premiere Elements... but isn't that the special web access area?

• 4. Re: PRE & support
                the_wine_snob Level 9

John,

That is the only place that I have heard "Plus" used, with regard to PrE. Now, Pinnacle Studio does usually offer a "Plus," that is a program upgrade.

If this is in regards to logging onto the "Plus" PrE Web "thingie," there are several posts regarding both how to do it, and also listing problems, on Muvipix. IIRC, these discussions were in the Community>Premiere Elements 7 discussion forum.

As I do not have PrE 7, and obviously do not have the Adobe Web membership, I obviously did not follow those threads carefully. Still, there has been much discussion on this.

If this is something else - then, nevermind.

Hunt

• 5. Re: PRE & support
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Others are weighing-in on the Adobe Web membership. For more tutorials, you might want to look at Muvipix (linked in my reply above), as there are tons of tutorials there, plus a discussion forum.

For info on PrE and for any problems, this is a good place to start. With regards to the actual program, there are few issues that have not been solved here.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: PRE & support
                    gedash99 Level 1

OK, here goes in detail when I open Adobe Premiere Element 7 the first welcome screen before you choose InstantMovie, Open Project, New Project plus you have My Account, Shared Gallery

And Tutorials. RIGHT next to that is a add box to Graduate to Plus membership. OK I upgrade pay my money and nothing happens except I get a receipt that says I have upgrade and a copy for my files of the finical transaction and says I have a Plus membership good for 20GB and happy times are here again only I can’t find it or Adobe hasn’t told the website. Now comes support where ever the hill that may be. And that would be the frustration I have.

Thanks gedash99

• 7. Re: PRE & support
                      Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

That would be this web site:

https://www.photoshop.com/

In addition to increased storage space online, your Plus account also includes additional templates, themes and effects, which you'll find under the drop-down menus on nearly every panel.

I cover this site and its feature in depth in my newest book.

• 8. Re: PRE & support
                        the_wine_snob Level 9
                        in my newest book.

Steve,

When do you have time for a "newest book?" I hardly have time for an article in Tips & Tricks! You continue to amaze me. Good luck with the book.

Hunt

• 9. Re: PRE & support
                          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Thanks, Hunt. But from the length of some of your posts, you probably write a couple of books a month!

• 10. Re: PRE & support
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

Not even close. You are the most prolific poster, plus you are knocking out 2 - 3 completed books per year! Man, you are my idol.

Now, with regards to the OP's issue, am I incorrect, or has similar not been discussed on Muvipix? Since I do not have this, and never have, I cannot help much, other than to point him/her to other discussions on the Adobe Web site, and common issues.

Take care, and have a good evening,

Hunt

PS at least the AZ sun is still up here...