3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2009 6:42 PM by the_wine_snob

Best Workflow for Deleting?

rtprtp Level 1

Hi Folks.

Would anyone like to suggest the best workflow for deleting files after a project? Let's assume that i have no future need for any of the captured footage or PE7 files. It would be helpful to know what the default locations are for all the footage and files that are now on my computer.

Thanks, Stan

• 1. Re: Best Workflow for Deleting?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

In my book I recommend that, whenever you start a new project, you create a new folder for it. That way, all of your captured video, project files, rendered video and scratch files are in the same folder. Removing it all from your hard drive is as simple as deleting the folder.

If you didn't do that, things get a bit more complicated. Once you've backed up what you want to keep, you can manually delete the captured video, rendered files, etc., from the sub-folders -- but you'll need to do it manually. Hopefully the files will be recognizable by the names you gave your project and capture files when you created them.

• 2. Re: Best Workflow for Deleting?
            rtprtp Level 1

Such a simple solution. Will do!

Thanks Stave.

Stan

• 3. Re: Best Workflow for Deleting?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Again, depending on your initial Project layout, Archiver will likely help you.

I do pretty much as Steve suggests, and always have. Each Project becomes a root folder, with everything inside of its hierarchy. Most Assets, that are not Captured, are but copies for various storage folder, and all Scratch Disks are located with my Project. It makes this last step - archiving, so very easy.

Good luck,

Hunt