12 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2009 10:33 AM by the_wine_snob

Couple ?'s

Jim Hines Level 1

All right you guys seem knowledgeable and I'm tired of searching the internet for the solution. I guess I just don't know how to word the question properly for my search criteria. I read page 79 in the manual regarding timecode and Chapter 7 regarding the source monitor.

Points will be awarded.

A.) How do you zoom the timeline in the source monitor?

B.) How do I change the starting timecode for a sequence in the timeline? For instance; if I don't want it to start at 00;00;00;00

• 1. Re: Couple ?'s
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

a. There where it says 'fit' drop that down and choose another magnification.

Or if you mean zooming in on the clip itself: go to effect controls and tweak scale.

b. 'Sequence Zero Point' for adjusting the timecode of the sequence is located in the little drop down menu at the right top corner of the timeline.

• 2. Re: Couple ?'s
            Harm Millaard Level 7

20-08-2009 15-29-40.jpg

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Couple ?'s
              the_wine_snob Level 9

WOW! The contributors from Holland are quick today. Guess that being near GMT helps 'em?

My guess will be that Ann gets the big points and Harm will score some too...

Good answers guys,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Couple ?'s
                Jim Hines Level 1

Okay, Ann Benns has the points for question B. Thank you Ann. Also, thank you for refreshing my memory about fast bluring a geometric figure to achieve opacity in a alternate thread on this forum.

I guess I wasn't clear enough about question A. I want to zoom in on the area of the timeline where marker points or in and out points are. Exactly like you can in the effects tab with keyframes. Is it possible? Here is a picture to demonstrate.

• 5. Re: Couple ?'s
                  Colin Brougham Level 6

Check out the text in the bottom-right corner of the image that Harm posted. Following those directions will achieve what you want.

As an additional note to this: there unfortunately is no keyboard shortcut to zoom in/out on the source monitor like there is in the timeline panel. In fact, using the default "+" and "-" shortcuts zooms in and out on the timeline panel, even if the source monitor is in focus. Dragging those "view" brackets in the source monitor is the only way.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Couple ?'s
                    Harm Millaard Level 7

Bummer, I got passed by on the points!!!

Your picture is still queued, maybe we can have a look at it in the next couple of days, since attaching is always tedious with the Jive software.

If you are talking about sequence markers, the source monitor is useless. That can only be used with clip markers. In that case use the workbar to zoom in as I showed in the previous picture or use the buttons for go to next marker or previous marker. If you are talking about sequence markers, use the '+' or '-' key to zoom in or out in the timeline.

• 7. Re: Couple ?'s
                      Jim Hines Level 1

My bad Mr. Millaard, I didn't notice that I could scroll your attachment here in the forum, thus I missed your correct answer for question A. Thank you for your assitance.

• 8. Re: Couple ?'s
                        Colin Brougham Level 6

Bummer, I got passed by on the points!!!

Sorry about that, Harm... I tried to direct him to your post!

You can lead a poster to the correct answer, but you can't make them "point"!

• 9. Re: Couple ?'s
                          Jim Hines Level 1

I'm regretting the helpful answer point I gave you, Colin. I gave Harm his helpful answer point. Read my post above yours.

• 10. Re: Couple ?'s
                            Harm Millaard Level 7

Next time is a good time if I prove to be helpful in the future. And don't forget Colin was helpful as well by pointing out that you could enlarge my image by just clicking on it and making all info visible. No hard feelings. I just hope the answers you got helped you along.

• 11. Re: Couple ?'s
                              Colin Brougham Level 6

Harm and Jimmy,

*three-way high five*

Cheers

• 12. Re: Couple ?'s
                                the_wine_snob Level 9

Great - everybody got points!

Hunt