6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2009 10:59 AM by SpareWheel

DV PAL Widescreen 16:9 Bitmap Export Issue

SpareWheel Level 2

I've searched past questions concerning this issue, but unfortunately past questions have not yielded a definitive answer or workable solution in my case.

I have a project shot in DV PAL Widescreen format on a Sony HVR-Z5E. My Sequence settings are: 720x576 DV1/DV PAL 16:9 (1.4587). Captured video is showing as 720x576 (1.4587) AVI 25fps.

I am creating a freeze frame by exporting to Windows Bitmap from the sequence. I am setting Media export aspect as DV PAL Widescreen 16:9 (1.4587) - the same as the source setting. In the output monitor source/output looks identical. So it looks like I am exporting correctly - I can only assume.

But having done the export, the bitmap image looks 4:3 with squeezed sides. Importing back into the sequence confirms this - it's 720x576 (1.094). I have exported using both Widescreen setting and Square Pixel setting, both produce 4:3 aspects.

Why is AME not exporting in the correct aspect according to the settings? Why is it maintaining a 4:3 aspect? How can I successfully export to Bitmap and retain the existing 16:9 and bring it back into my project?

Additional: I do not require my export to pass through any other software, just to capture the still frame and import it back into the project.