1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 20, 2009 1:04 PM by Jim_Simon

New "File video dimensions (width/height) too large." issue!

MB Hyden

I am using Premiere Pro 4.1.0 (part of CS4 Master Collection for the Mac - it is an iMac 10.5.8, 2.66 Core 2 Duo with 4 GB of RAM with 471 GB of free space on its main drive and 739 GB of free space on its secondary drive in case anyone might ask that), and I'm importing video into my project.  The source video is MPG saved as .m4v using the h.264 codec.  This is SD video that was imported from the JVC Everio line of camcorders.  The standard output was JVC's proprietary .MOD file system that I couldn't get the Mac to read natively.  I used Handbrake to convert these to the format they're currently in.  I tested this extensively with After Effects& PP before deciding on this format, but I was only testing with 1-2 minute videos with 5-10 sources.  Now I've got a few thousand sources & it's driving me nuts! 

I've read on the other thread that sometimes PP will decide it can't import that video even though the tech specs says that it can.  Well my issue is a little unique from what I've heard from other people.  They've had it work or not work all the time, but not both.  With mine it will work intermittently.  Meaning that when I boot the program I can import these videos for a while (different number of files & times each time), and then it will randomly choose that it can't import them anymore. 

What's funny is I can even copy the same file I just imported before the error, change its name, and it won't reimport the file.  All files that are a part of the project that are the .m4v will still work, and when I fully close PP and reload the program I can start importing them again for a while.  Just to get some more variables out of the way - if I edit for a few hours, and don't import anything during that time, and then decide to import it will let me for a random amount of time so I don't think it has to do with how long the program's been running.  I can also have this error happen after importing a few very short videos or after a few longer sections of video.  Seems completely random.

Any ideas what's going wrong here?  Any solutions to my problem?  I'm getting really tired of reloading this program every 10-15 minutes.  This is an hour long final product & I'm only 10 minutes into it!  Quite frustrating!

Thanks,

MH.