• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master Page Issues

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our master page shows in the project folder, but will not show in RBH. I've tried to resave same master page over the current one, tried to import it from outside of rbh, and tried to create a new one in RBH with the same name, all to no avail. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Molly

Perhaps rename the existing Master Page. For example, MasterPage2 or some variant of whatever the page name is. Then try importing it into the project.

You should also consider reporting this as a bug to Adobe. Who knows, maybe if they see enough reports of issues such as this we may see an eventual patch released for version 8.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

How'd you get so smart about RBH? So, the challenge is that I tried renaming it and the system saved the master page as part of the topic (not separate from the content), creating multiple headings on each topic (the previous master page and the new one) Does that make sense? perhaps a bug.

Someday I hope to be answering RBH questions instead of asking them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL... smart about RoboHelp? Uhhhh....

It helps to have been using the product nearly every day since I discovered it back in 1992. (Both RoboHelp and Microsoft Word were at version 2 in those days. Then again, we had to compile while protecting our help from the other cavepeople with spears!)

Sorry, not really following you about RoboHelp saving the Master Page as part of a topic. It really depends on what you do with them. They can be used in two different ways:

1. To propagate content (Usually Headers and Footers) across existing topics
  2. As a starting off point for a topic. Perhaps a specific layout has been arranged with boilerplate text

In the second method it will appear that the Master Page has merged with the topic because the topic will contain what the Master Page contains. At least, initially. But later edits to the Master Page likely won't appear in the topic. (Whether the elements appear or not depends on where you insert them in the Master Page.

Hopefully that makes some kind of sense... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are using the master page as a header, but if i right click and select rename it adds the master page to the topic and still uses the master page...so I end up with two master page headers in every doc (the one has become a part of the topic and the one that is the master page). AHHHHH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp