5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2009 12:51 PM by BobLevine

Converting files to Pagemaker

talltim1 Level 1

Is it possible to convert files to Pagemaker? Such as PDF, indesign, quark xpress, coreldraw, illustrator, MS Word or MS Publisher.

Which one of these files is the best for conversion or copy and pasting from to get an editable Pagemaker file?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

• 1. Re: Converting files to Pagemaker
          Level 4

talltim1 wrote:

Is it possible to convert files to Pagemaker?

Pagemaker is dead it has been for close to 10 years now. So the short answer is No.

Such as PDF,

You place PDF files as long as they are compatible PM is old many won't work.

indesign,

No.

quark xpress,

there is a Quark express converter but its only for Quark 3 and 4 files

coreldraw, illustrator,

No, save as eps and place.

MS Word

No, you place word files as long as they are old word files there are no filters for the newer versions.

MS Publisher.

No.

At this point Pagemaker is pretty much crap. Why Adobe keeps selling it is purely to squeeze a few extra $$$$ out of their leftover stock.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Converting files to Pagemaker
            Jay Chevako Level 3

talltim1 wrote:

Is it possible to convert files to Pagemaker? Such as PDF, indesign, quark xpress, coreldraw, illustrator, MS Word or MS Publisher.

Which one of these files is the best for conversion or copy and pasting from to get an editable Pagemaker file?

Thanks in advanced

Tim

There is a converter from older versions of ms publisher, and you can place word files.and edt the text, but you will lose some formating and graphics are a crapshoot

You can place, but not edit older pdfs, older illustrator files and I think older Corel draw files

Jay

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Converting files to Pagemaker
              Level 4

I was wrong about Publisher. Isn't hat only for specific versions?

• 4. Re: Converting files to Pagemaker
                Jay Chevako Level 3

Buko. wrote:

I was wrong about Publisher. Isn't hat only for specific versions?

It's older versions of publisher, but I can't remember which ones.

I forgot about the quark converter.

Jay

• 5. Re: Converting files to Pagemaker
                  BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Pub 2000 and earlier, IIRC. And you can't save them back. It has to be saved by Pub 2000.

Good luck with any of this.

Bob