Exit

Help-Project for different software-versions

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2009 Aug 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edition: Robohelp HTML

Version: RH8

I'm experimenting to make a help-project for a software-suite we develop, output = CHM-file.

1. The software is multi-language, so the HELP has to be too. For this case I already have a solution, but all ways of working are welcome to help me.
  2. The software evolves, and has more than one version. Some topics can be used for all versions, some not. So I'd like to create a help-project that contains the information (topics) for all those versions. Finally I 'd like to have a SingleSourceLayout for each version, within the same project.

=> I thought this can be solved by using Conditional Build Tags?

=> Should I create different topics, or do I create one topic for all versions, and apply Conditional Build Tags to the different paragraphs?

=> Better ways of working?

Thank You

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2009 Aug 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome to the RoboHelp forums. Clearly you have read the Before You Post page, thank you.

The problem with single topics for multiple languages is that the search shows the Topic Title (not the Topic Heading) and that can only be in one language.

Ben Minson recently wrote an article on translation that you might find useful.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/robohelp/articles/localized_projects.html

I suggest you read that first.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp