Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glossary Trouble: strange characters in final .chm output

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2009 Aug 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Expert,

I am pursuing a course in technical writing and have been asked to submit an Online Help Manual as part of an assignment. I used the RoboHelp 8 HTML to create the Help file and when i generated the final output, one of the terms in the Glossary Tab had an "ME=" prefix.

I tried renaming it in the Glossary file and generating it, but to no avail. Even when i deleted that particular term from the glossary list, it (the 'ME=') simply moved on to a different term!

21-08-2009 18-00-55.jpg

I am attaching a screenshot of the same. I look forwarded to hearing from you!

P.S: I am a newbie to Adobe RoboHelp...so please explain the solution (if any!) like you would to a 2-yr old 🙂

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Carol

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2009 Aug 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Teach a 2 year old RoboHelp, nah!

This is a novel one. I don't think I have seen anything like it reported. Make a copy of your project and then open the project's .glo file with a text editor such as Notepad.

See if there is anything in there that could be causing it. If not, try creating another glossary, pasting the definitions in from the dodgy one.

Post back if that doesn't help.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2009 Aug 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems this isn't the first instance of the problem. RoboWizard sent me this link.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/88163?start=0

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2009 Aug 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Peter,

Thank you for your help. I tried out your suggestions but they didnt seem to work. I visited the link that you sent...i think the problem was resolved on its own. I am not able to locate any 'Repair' option in my RoboHelp 8...is it because i am using a trial version?

Anyways, thank you for your time. I will keep you posted if i manage to work this out (or if it manages to work it out on its own!).

Have a nice day 🙂

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2009 Aug 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The trial version is the same as the full version in every way, nothing is crippled.

The Repair option referred to is in Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs (Programs and Features - in Vista). There you can highlight any program and click Repair.

Worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp