4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2009 7:53 PM by the_wine_snob

Installation problem

annabelle201

I am getting an unable to install error message at the end of installing ppro cs4. We had previously installed this along with a matrox rt x2 card and it was very unstable so we decided to unistall and start over. Now the instal will not complete. Is it possible we have some lingering elements of previous installs blocking this? If so how can we clean all previous versions out and get this to install.

• 1. Re: Installation problem
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Search the Adobe knowledgebase for "Clean Script CS4".

• 2. Re: Installation problem
            the_wine_snob Level 9

After the Adobe Clean Script CS4, you might also want to run CCleaner, or similar, a few times in Registry mode, before the reinstallation.

If you are still going with the Matrox, there are some new drivers for it from Matrox. Some say that these are still beta, and others say they are for full release and out of beta. Do not know which is correct, but you will want to check the Matrox site.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Installation problem
              Jim_Simon Level 8

Coming from Matrox, my recommendation is to start fresh.  Reinstall everything from the OS on up.

• 4. Re: Installation problem
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Unfortunately, that might not be bad advice, predicated on the vast number of issues that users have had with Matrox cards.

Going back to my "just PS" days, I used several Matrox video-only cards. They worked fine for me, but the drivers were NEVER updated. Many clamored for these, but Matrox chose to not worry about their user-base, and only really supported the newest cards, for a few months. I have one G-450, that still has the latest driver, and it's almost 12 years old! Luckily, I did not have the issues, that many users did, so I could not really complain. Still, I think that it shows a real lack of concern.

Hunt