3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2009 2:09 PM by Simulaca

Cant Install Air Apps(winxp)

epi3rc3

hey, im making software for a client and i installed newest version of air on his winxp laptop and tried installing my app on his machine by opening the .air in airinstaller and got a "cant install app is damaged get another version from developer" (or something to that effect) and wen i try to install any air app with the badge it gives an error as well. ive searched around for an anwser and there seemsd to be others with this problem and it seemed like adobe was trying to stop it back in 08 and was wondering if anyone has a solution for this problem yet? i tried clearing the temp and i dont know if xp has "certifications" and if it does i dont know how to clear those.

any help is appreciated!

• 1. Re: Cant Install Air Apps(winxp)
          ATIF FAROOQ Level 3

Hi,

uncheck the timestamp checkbox  after clicking export release build .It may help if you are using flex 3 beta or flex 4 beta. Also try to remove external png files that you are packaging within your application.

regards,

ATIF

• 2. Re: Cant Install Air Apps(winxp)
            epi3rc3 Level 1

ok ill give that a try and see if it works when i go out to see my client again on monday. the weird thing about the situation tho is that i cant install ANY air apps on his machine and 2 other machines running winxp ive been successful in installing my app (not to mention my mac aswell).

• 3. Re: Cant Install Air Apps(winxp)
              Simulaca

Please, Help me

I can't install Adobe Ari on my Windows XP

There is a content of the .airinstall.log

Performing runtime install
              UI SWF load is complete
              UI initialized
              starting user confirmation
              Version of this installer: 1.5.2.8870
              Installation type: new
              starting install
              Scheduling runtime installation operations
              uninstall scheduled for 1.0.4, 1.0.6, 1.0.5
              Installed Product GUID:  is same:false
              Beginning runtime installation
              Beginning install
              Installing c:\docume~1\anykey\locals~1\temp\air64.tmp\setup.msi
              Error occurred; beginning rollback: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="2" errorID=0]
              Rolling back install of c:\docume~1\anykey\locals~1\temp\air64.tmp\setup.msi
              Rollback due to error complete
              error during install: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="2" errorID=0]
              runtime install entering error state: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="2" errorID=0]
              begin quitting

How this info can help?