8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2009 11:41 PM by Mylenium

I can't import anything to AE!!

unflushable

There are smilar topics in the forum but none of the solutions worked for me. I've cleaned the media cache, prefs disabled opengl, reinstalled etc.. But still not working. Actually it is working but icant import anything. i can only import ae projects and i can work on composition with only solids, layers etc. i've try to find a solution but i think noone able to fix this problem yet. I am waiting new solutions from you n count on you guys...

using

xp sp2

p4 3.0 ghz

1 gb ram

ati radeon 9550 graphic

thx already...

• 1. Re: I can't import anything to AE!!
          yenaphe Level 4

What version of AE are you using ? And have you updated to the latest version.

Now, what kind of file have you tried to import ?

• 2. Re: I can't import anything to AE!!
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

As Seb said, please offer more details. Even if your computer is a bit old and outfitted poorly with RAM, it shouldn't do that. Therefore I would assume you have an older version of AE that cannot go along with the latest Windows Media Player updates or the OS's acceleration functions or something like that. As a minor, check your media player prefs and turn off hardware acceleration features. See, if it makes a difference.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: I can't import anything to AE!!
              unflushable Level 1

Hi,

I am using cs3 and no i haven't upgraded it.I cant import any kind of media files .avi, .mov, .jpg etc. I know the pc is a litlle old but it was working without any probs. It just suddenly happened. I've tried to turn off the acc.in media player but i couldn't find it. Can you be more specific please?

Thx a lot already...

• 4. Re: I can't import anything to AE!!

Right-click anywhere in WMP --> Extras --> Options --> Performance. Turn off the options and see if it makes a differnce. Of course also try to trash the AE prefs and workspaces one more time. Quite possible, that your last round of cleaning missed out on something or some wrong option reinstated itself.

Mylenium

• 5. Re: I can't import anything to AE!!
                  unflushable Level 1

Hi again

Mylenium i've tried to do wat u said but still cant import anything. i gave up to fix this prob for a week and today i formatted my pc and installed Ae cs3 but still same problem. i think it is about my hardware or an application but how i can know which prog is i have no idea. And waiting new solutions

Thx...

• 6. Re: I can't import anything to AE!!
                    yenaphe Level 4

I guess you have a serious issue somewhere. Maybe try to give a call at Adobe Support.

• 7. Re: I can't import anything to AE!!
                      unflushable Level 1

I think that way too Sebastien but i can work with CS3 Premiere, Photoshop but cant with AE...

• 8. Re: I can't import anything to AE!!

unflushable wrote:

i gave up to fix this prob for a week and today i formatted my pc and installed Ae cs3 but still same problem.

Did you install using the same drivers etc.? Then you may have re-introduced the problem. I recommend you boot at least into safe mode (hit F8 during startup) and check, if AE runs there. If it does, then you can be reasonably certain that one of the extended driver components loaded in normal mode is responsible. If so, it may be worth taking a screenshot of your task manager's process and services list (or use tools like Process Explorer, freely downloadable from Microsoft) and compare it to a normal boot. This would help to pin down potential culprits. Based on the names, you could then go looking for solutions.

Mylenium