• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH5 crashes when trying to import a topic (update: can I manually import?)

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2009 Aug 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still not having any luck with the issue described below. I reinstalled RH and uninstalled SP3 -- neither worked. I'm still hoping to figure something out, but in the mean time...

Is there any negative impact to manually importing topics? I copied the HTML files from their source folder into the appropriate project folder, and then edited the .fpj file so the files would be recognized as topics. I compiled the project, and the manually imported topics seem to behave the same as all of the others. (I'm outputting to WinHelp.)

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any idea if there are issues I may run across that I'm not taking into account?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I right-click a project folder, and then click Import, RH stops responding. The dialog box that usually appears when importing a topic flashes for less than a second and then disappears. I've let the program run (or not run) for several minutes before using Task Manager to shut it down.

I'd imported several topics without issue, then a few days later, this started happening. I created a new project, and I have the same problem with it.

I'm using RH HTML X5.0.2 with Windows XP, SP3.

I installed SP3 before this issue occurred. Does anyone have any experience with SP3 and RH5 compatibility issues? I'll try uninstalling SP3, but I wanted to check first and see if anyone had other suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2009 Aug 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case anyone runs across this same issue, I figured out what caused it. I'm using dual monitors, and it started when I switched which one was used as the primary monitor. After I switched it back, the import dialog box appeared as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2009 Aug 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'll be pleased to know that Robohelp probably hasn't crashed, it's just that you couldn't see the dialog box as it was off your screen/not appearing where you expected - it would have opened on the screen you last used (i.e your old primary monitor).

Try this:

Switch your monitors and import as you described.

Press Alt, Spacebar, M, any Arrow key. Then waggle the mouse wildly until the dialog box shows up on your monitor of choice.

(Occasionally you'll find a window that this doesn't grab. Hopefully the X5 Import dialog box isn't one of these.)

HTH,

Amebr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp