9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2009 6:32 PM by the_wine_snob

trouble installing ppcs4

jonanonymous Level 1

hey i recently had ppcs4 on my system. sony vaio vgn fw250. running vista 64 w a core 2 duo processor. with a previous problem i was having i uninstalled to try and reinstall it. but now when it gets to the checking system profile part which is the very beginning of the install, it locks up and doesnt go any further when the status bar gets almost to the end. i am very concerned and im clueless as to how to fix this problem.,

• 1. Re: trouble installing ppcs4
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Search the Adobe knowledge base for "Clean Script CS4". Read the instructions carefully and run that script a couple of times and reinstall.

• 2. Re: trouble installing ppcs4
            the_wine_snob Level 9

After you run Clean Script CS4, make sure that you have full administrative account, have turned off all AV, pop-up blocking and spy sweeping software. Also, check for the various security settings. All of these can get in the way of an installation.

With PS (maybe the same with PrPro?), an update to Adobe Flash player has helped. If you had it installed on your system before, you should already have this, or at least a good one.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: trouble installing ppcs4
              jonanonymous Level 1

ok sounds good. will this be effective for just the uninstalled premiere pro or will it affect all of the cs4 products?

• 4. Re: trouble installing ppcs4
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you. I have never had to use it.

I'd suggest that you read all of the info on the Clean Script CS4 page, as Adobe is good at giving warnings, and instructions. There might be links to KB Articles, that will give you full info on just how to use this with one element in a suite.

Please report your findings, as others will benefit later one.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: trouble installing ppcs4
                  jonanonymous Level 1

ok guys no luck with clean script. ran it twice once in safe mode. however i noticed something weird. i ran the installer to see if clean script solved the problem and of course i had the same results. but when i checked to see if i could uninstall from add remove programs the install date was todays date!

so some how its recreating the registry. i can use cc cleaner to get it out of the registry but when i restart the computer its right back there again with the current date.

• 6. Re: trouble installing ppcs4
                    jonanonymous Level 1

also it will not remove it using add remove programs which is why i resorted to using cc cleaner. i think im just gonna sell my soul and get a mac!

• 7. Re: trouble installing ppcs4
                      Harm Millaard Level 7
                      ran it twice once in safe mode

Why not run it in normal mode? Maybe that causes it to not uninstall correctly.

• 8. Re: trouble installing ppcs4
                        jonanonymous Level 1

tried that first. wasnt succesful. ok it doesnt recreate on reboot.. my bad. but it will put it in the add or remove programs list even if it doesnt complete the install, kinda weird. im gonna run the install again and just let it sit and see if it will work its way through the checking system profile part.

• 9. Re: trouble installing ppcs4
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Wow, these are some weird behaviors. I have no answer.

Are you installing from discs, or from download? There can be some differences.

Some have had luck doing installs, by copying the installation discs to the system, and installing from there.

As mentioned, most of us are in the dark, as our Adobe programs just install and we begin using them. Most of the "tips" come from other posts, where things did not go so well for others.

Good luck, and have you done a major AV and spyware sweep of your system? Also, for installation, turn all of that stuff OFF - all of it.

Hunt