2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2009 4:41 PM by the_wine_snob

How  do I  get  my  vtr  to  record  when  I export  to  tape?

FATHAHKS

I  AM  USING PREMIERE PRO  CS4.   I DID NOT  CITE   THIS  IN  MY WARSTORY.   THE  COMPUTER  TAKES OVER THE  VTR  BUT  I GET   NOTHING  ON THE TAPE..  THANKS  TO THOSE  WHO HAVE VIEWEDTHE  ORIGINAL QUESTION..  I APOLOGIZE FOR NOT TELLING YOU  WHAT SOFTWARE I AM USING.

• 1. Re: How  do I  get  my  vtr  to  record  when  I export  to  tape?
          Harm Millaard Level 7

DO NOT DOUBLE POST.

Correct your CAPS problem and stop shouting.

• 2. Re: How  do I  get  my  vtr  to  record  when  I export  to  tape?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

The way to correct this is to go to your original post. You will NOT be able to edit the original, but instead just Reply to your original post, with the additional info. Happens all of the time. We hit the Post button, and then realize that we forgot to add something really important. What happens with split posts, or duplicate posts is that in this case, one has to put the "pieces" together. With the latter, they have to try and determine what might, or might not, have been said in the other post. It makes it particularly difficult for the OP to follow both threads, as some answers from post 1 might be good, but then so might answers in post 2. Also, if one sees that their question has been answered, they are not likely to ask it in the dupe post - if they realize that these are dupe posts.

Many people here are working on dozens of problems at the same time. It gets confusing enough, when all is rather linear, as some threads run together in the mind - this happens all too frequently in my mind anyway.

Harm is also correct about All-Caps. They make it difficult to read. Same for a lack of paragraphs (just throwing that one out, as I do not think that it applies).

Just add these comments into a Reply to your own post, and others will be sure to see the additional info.

Wish I had an answer for you, but can't think of anything yet. Someone will, and probably quickly.

Good luck,

Hunt