4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2008 8:35 AM by habHab1234

Simple Simple Flex question - help please

Sean20082008
      I am new to Flex, I have just finished a very small project, it tests fine in flex builder and on any browser on the machine that I saved all the project files too, however if i copy all the files over to a flash drive any any other machine the .swf loads up fine but none of the button clicks do what they are meant to.(they are just simple clicks that control a view stack)

Any advice?
        • 1. Re: Simple Simple Flex question - help please
          Level 7

"Sean20082008" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g6qv8b$60h$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I am new to Flex, I have just finished a very small project, it tests fine
          >in
          > flex builder and on any browser on the machine that I saved all the
          > project
          > files too, however if i copy all the files over to a flash drive any any
          > other
          > machine the .swf loads up fine but none of the button clicks do what they
          > are
          > meant to.(they are just simple clicks that control a view stack)

Did you export a release version? Shouldn't make much difference, but it's
          something to try.

• 2. Re: Simple Simple Flex question - help please
            Sean20082008 Level 1
            Hi Amy, thanks for that. I did try to export a version release but I have the same problem, it works only if the files are in the original project folders but anywhere else and the buttons clicks won't work. Its strange i've never had this problem before.
            • 3. Re: Simple Simple Flex question - help please
              Level 7

"Sean20082008" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:g6rd5e$joj$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Hi Amy, thanks for that. I did try to export a version release but I have
              > the
              > same problem, it works only if the files are in the original project
              > folders
              > but anywhere else and the buttons clicks won't work. Its strange i've
              > never had
              > this problem before.

Is there anything unusual about your code?

• 4. Re: Simple Simple Flex question - help please
                habHab1234
                You should be able to run the debug version of the .swf on the flash drive under the Flex Builder debugger. That way you can set some breakpoints to figure out what's going on. Go to Run->Open Debug Dialog and enter the path to the .swf file in the Debug path.