5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2009 4:53 PM by deepa subramaniam (adobe)

FXG 2.0 ?

Mrinal Wadhwa

I noticed some comments in the checkin logs, about FXG 2.0 ... could someone explain what is that about ? Is there a newer version of the FXG spec?

Thank you,

Mrinal

• 1. Re: FXG 2.0 ?
          matt_chotin Level 3

We should have an updated version of the spec soon.  Mostly FXG 2 is just some updates, name changes, a few extra properties, etc.  We decided to make it a full rev rather than a 1.x.  We need to update though because CS4 technically supports FXG 1.0 so the version needs updating as we make changes.

• 2. Re: FXG 2.0 ?
            todd.anderson

Hello Matt,

Any word on the 2.0 specification being available? I cannot seem to locate it.

Thanks, -todd

• 3. Re: FXG 2.0 ?
              deepa subramaniam (adobe) Level 2

Hi Folks -

I'll be posting the FXG 2.0 specification to the Gumbo Open Source site within a day or two (I'll respond to this thread once its up). As a feature, its effectively closed - but several of us across the Flex and Creative Suite teams are embarking on an in-depth technical review of the spec so the prose itself is still in draft form. Hope that makes sense...we'll be finishing the technical review of the spec by the holidays in which case the final draft will be posted publically.

Regardless, the version I'll post within a day or two is very very complete - it itemizes all of the changes between FXG 1.0 and 2.0. This includes some new functionality like supporting the advanced blend modes and luminosity mask options available in tools like Illustrator and Photoshop within Flex and Catalyst, expansions to the text graphic element options to support hyperlinks and images as well as many new properties and many re-named properties and tags.

Stay Tuned!

Deepa Subramaniam

Flex SDK Engineer

• 4. Re: FXG 2.0 ?
                tinylion_uk Level 2

Thanks Deepa,

That is good news.

Glenn

tinylion

tinylion development & design

• 5. Re: FXG 2.0 ?
                  deepa subramaniam (adobe) Level 2

Hey Folks -

I've posted the FXG 2.0 specification to the Flex open source site, here: http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/FXG+2.0+Specification

Its linked off the main Gumbo page as well.

This specification is closed to functional changes, but open to changes in the prose because we are commencing an in-depth technical review of the spec.

I enumerated some of the larger changes between FXG 1.0 and 2.0 on my blog - read the post here: http://iamdeepa.com/blog/?p=45

Have fun

Deepa Subramaniam

Flex SDK Engineer