0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2008 8:35 PM by RaymieHumbert

A kuler vocabulary invention

RaymieHumbert
      I got a PM from Sami Iwata 16 days ago and haven't seen it until now:

"Hey Raymie,
      I do like the way you handled the Suburban Summer issue, with humor --"forked." That term is actually getting picked up by others now. It's a friendly way to educate other users about etiquette on using other themes as inspiration.
      Thanks for being a part of the community. Sami"

The issue was that one of the few themes that's top10ed a kuler chart AND is mine (Grocery Store Marketing) was taken by somebody who changed one color. The new theme, called Suburban Summer, immediately sparked me to comment:

"You know you've made it on kuler when someone loves your theme so much that they fork it!

In this case, Grocery Store Marketing got forked. I love the fifth color you added here.

Definitely five-star work."

Peppermintpie (one of my favorite kuler artists) said it was great work and then sighed when (he/she) realized it was a fork. (He/she began checking out my themes about that time...)

LR just was confused about the term.

I let people get away with forking if they change something significant. Someone tried to take Violetflower from me by making an exact copy. It got pulled once I took it to kuler talk. The term itself was taken from development circles.

Yay forking!