2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2011 2:04 PM by twdsi

Blank Error Message in I.E. 8

Neil2244

Hello,

When I go to open a PDF up from a website (clicking within I.E. or even Outlook) Adobe Reader 9.0 presents me with a blank error message (with absolutely no text at all).

If I cut and paste the link into the "GO" bar at the top of I.E. it works, but simply click on a link in a website or from Outlook won't work.  I have no concept of what the error is, because there is no text.

Image.png

I am running Windows 7, but seriously I'm not having any issues.  I can even open up the same documents that won't open in Adobe in I.E., in the plain Adobe Reader (I go to FILE >>  OPEN and paste the link in there and hit OPEN - that works without issue, although it takes 20 seconds to open - which is longer then normal).

Any ideas?  Do I have a I.E. security setting to adjust?

Thanks

Neil

• 1. Re: Blank Error Message in I.E. 8
          Neil2244 Level 1

Adding more details to what I have mentioned above...

I can see where Adobe Reader is successfully downloading the documents (the counter in MBs is going up until it matches the document size in I.E.).  In addition when I finally do hit OK on the error message, I get 500ms (milli-seconds) of the embedded Adobe Reader in I.E. but then it clears and goes away.

• 2. Re: Blank Error Message in I.E. 8
            twdsi

I have the same problem.  It didn't start happening until I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Reader X.  Once I noticed the problem I uninstalled Adobe Reader X and installed 9.0.  Now I have 9.0 installed an I'm still getting the bug intermittently.

Untitled.png

Any ideas, it's driving me nuts!

Running

- Window 7 Exnterprise x64

- IE 8

Thanks,

Todd