32 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2009 7:04 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.

gossamer5150 Level 1

An answer to this has been like pulling teeth and I am hoping someone here had the same issue. I have an .h264 or mt2 file I exported from premiere elements containing an edited movie I have made. All I want to do is burn it to a dvd in the achvd format to play on a blu-ray player and add menus. If I need software which one do I need. I tried Tsmuxer and TSremuxer and neither recognize the sound files coming from premiere elements. Please help. i have been looking for an answer for a week. I bought elements thinking I could do this but of course I can't (that would have been to easy) it kills me to have to buy more software but I am willing if it isn't another waste of money.

• 1. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Why not just Burn to BD, using either the H.264, or the MPEG-2 HD formats, right from PrE7?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

That would definitely be the easiest solution, Hunt.

• 3. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

SG and Hunt,

You are not getting off that easy with your responses to gossamer.

I have been working away on this question with gossamer in the forum that I frequent. Sit back and take a look at where we have been and where we are at. I did not ask gossamer yet to post here, but I glad that gossamer posted here.

http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49877

He does not want to buy a BluRay burner as you will find out when you read through the thread link that I posted.

I was about to download TSRemux myself, but, if you can come up with the how to for this (if there is one), I would be very happy about that. If not, I will work away on my side.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                gossamer5150 Level 1

Hey ATR has gotten me all the way to the point I am at and he is the greatest guy i ever run into on any forum for any reason. I was hoping to find somebody that had the same problem and had an answer. I don't want Blu-ray format per-say. Just an acHVD dvd that plays on one. ATR RULES!

• 5. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                  gossamer5150 Level 1

I used the latest version of TSremux. It doesn't recognize the sound files put out by elements. Even if I have to buy a seperate DVD creator I will but I just want to know for sure what will work. But to buy a blue-ray burner for 30 minutes of home video is nuts.

• 6. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

SG

I was going to stand on the side lines and see what happens with gossamer's issue, but....

I need to pop in with a question for you SG, Hunt, especially Paul...

In another forum Paul commented essentially that H.264 1080i = High Definition MPEG4, exported as .m2t and went on to say "...PE7's equivalent of the AVCHD .m2ts". I may be taking his statement out of context, but is Paul saying that if you burned the Premiere Elements' .m2t to a DVD disc that it would play on a BluRay player?

I always thought HDV .m2t on DVD disc and AVCHD .m2ts on a BluRay disc with regard to playback on BluRay player. I will leave PS3 out of the equation for now.

Any clarification?

ATR

• 7. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                      gossamer5150 Level 1

Really? 70 views and nobody has tried this before? Even if it is impossible let me know and I will give up. How about 3rd party software that will burn the .m2t file and let me add a menu in AHCVD.

• 8. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Tony,

I think that if the file is contained in the proper BD "wrapper," it will play, regardless of the media that it's burned on. Now, if the unpackaged MPEG will play would be highly dependent on the player itself, and its capabilities. It's pretty much the same with DVD-Video. If you make a DVD-Data with a DVD-compliant MPEG-2 on it, I cannot think of a player that will be able to play it. There might be some, and I am just not aware of them. Now, if we wrap that same MPEG-2 into a .VOB, add the necessary .IFO and .BUP files, then package it into a VIDEO_TS folder (actually doing the authoring), it will play. I have never seen anything to suggest that BD would be any different, but could be proven wrong.

As for Paul_LS, he's pretty much gone to the Muvipix Community, as he's gotten tired of the new Adobe forum layout. Might be able to get his input from there.

In my book, you, Steve and Paul_LS are the HD gurus here. I'm just an old SD guy.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                          the_wine_snob Level 9
                          70 views and nobody has tried this before?

The answer is probably that out of that 70, they have not. Most produce BD Projects, burn to BD and play the resulting discs. Now, that does not mean that #71 will not have tried this, and there might be a great answer from him/her.

You might also want to post to Muvipix, as a lot of folk there so all sorts of things with Video, including HD material. Might be someone, who has tried this, and knows some ins-and-outs, that will help you.

Good luck, and if you do find the proper way, please post your results,

Hunt

• 10. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                            gossamer5150 Level 1

I postred at muvipix and hopefully will find somebody who pulled this brain surgery off. If I get the answer I will definately post here and share the info. thanks for the direction.

• 11. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

I saw your post over there, and the reply from Chuck Engels on Paul_LS. Between him and Steve G., you'll probably get some useful thoughts on your issue.

Now, if it were "brain surgery," I am a friend of about six of the best neuro-surgeons in the world - that I could help you with. AVCHD to DVD-Video, well not even the neuro-surgeons had a clue!

Hunt

• 12. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

gossamer

I too saw your post at the other web site where Paul_LS said that Corel Ulead DVD Movie Factory 6 worked for him for the goal that you cited. He as much as said take the Premiere Elements 7 .mts and bring that into the DVD Movie Factory for the AVCHD burn to DVD (with menus if wanted).

That download is described as fully functional and was from the download location that Paul gave. I noted that you tried it and got stopped by the could not access file message. I also noted that the suggestion was made that you try to submit your file to Paul for testing.

I just wanted you to know that this morning before I saw your recent activity, I downloaded the software that you too were using and got his with the same could not access file message. My route was:

AVCHD 1440 x 1080 30 frames per second (.m2ts file) into Premiere Elements 7 with a comparible project preset in NTSC/AVCHD.

Exported as .mts, using Share/Personal Computer/MPEG  either H.264 1440 x 1080 30 or  MPEG2 1440 x 1080 30.

I saved the .mts obtained Desktop as well as My Documents/My Videos

When I brought any of these .mts into DVD Movie Factory 6, went to Add Media, I too got hit with ....could not access file message...no matter how I changed the settings.

So, although it would seem the logical step for you to send your Premiere Elements .mts to Paul, I do not know if that will be of any help since we both have the same problem with different AVCHD/.mts sources.

I am going to explore just how fully functional this DVD Movie Factory 6 really is.

ATR

• 13. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt,

I believe that gossamer has solved the mystery of the fully functional Corel Ulead DVD Movie Factory that was tossing out "cannot access" messages with use of the .mts from Premiere Elements. A "HD Power Pack" appears to exist and is not included in the "fully functional" Corel Ulead DVD Movie Factory download.

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Product/1207602253524#versionTabview=tab0&tab view=tab0

The HD Power Pack costs about $20 USA dollars.

So, I suspect that Paul has this HD Power Pack installed and did not realize that it did not come with the software that he pointed gossamer to.

gossamer's next report should be interesting and good, I hope.

ATR

• 14. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                                    gossamer5150 Level 1

It would seem that moviefactory 6 plus with the HD plug-in is the way to go. I am going to do a little more research and let you know the results after I purchase and burn. Thanks for the help. You all were great.

• 15. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Great news, and glad that you now have a good workflow. There is no shame in taking things outside of Adobe. I use a bunch of non-Adobe tools, even if 90% of all of my work is in one Adobe app, or another. Thank you for reporting.

Tony,

My hat is off to you for the work and assistance that you have provided. I hope that the first "feature" production will be a tribute to you. Great job.

Good luck to all,

Hunt

• 16. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                                        H.Schaub Level 1

Hello

I did not understand everything ...

But an AVCHD disc can create one:

- Exporting from Premiere Elements movie as H.264 or MPEG-2 HD

- Install freeware tool tsMuxeR (portable)
                                        - Importing HD movie in tsMuxeR (I had the movie ending .m2t rename .ts)

- Off the bottom of tsmuxeR for OUTPUT on Blu-Ray Disc - - Starting muxing
                                        - A BDMV folder structure is created

- This may BDMV folder structure you with freeware tool ImgBurn burn to a DVD!

- ImgBurn detects the Blu-ray structure and burn the DVD in the UDF 2.50 format.

Greetings from Switzerland
                                        Heinz

* Translatet by Google

• 17. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

H. Schaub

Thank you for your contribution.

I hope that gossamer tries the details of your procedure.

I have been following his progress and do not remember that he tried the file extension changed from .mts to .ts. I find that very interesting since there seems to be a lot of confusing information on those file extensions describing a MPEG2 transport stream: .mts, .ts, .m2t, .m2ts.

After you have created your AVCHD on the DVD disc, how easy is it to find a player to play what you have created?

ATR

• 18. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                                            H.Schaub Level 1

Hello A.T. Romano

Unfortunately, I do not speak english: (

My AVCHD DVD to run on the Panasonic Blu-Ray player, I think they also run on the Sony PS3!

It should be the data rate of the film is not too high (AVCHD ~ represent 17 Mbs)!

Gruss Heinz

* Google translate

I found a german Manual !  AVCHD DVD

( Premiere Elements _ H.264 / MPEG2 HD movie please rename to  xxx.ts )

... the site is also available in english     HERE  

Message was edited by: H.Schaub

• 19. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

H. Schaub

Although you do not speak English and I do not speak German, I think that we are communicating well. But, if necessary, I will learn German as soon as possible. I do speak a little French.

Thank you so much for the valuable information that you are sharing with us.

The last that I heard gossamer was busy trying the procedure that you described.

Again thank you so much for getting involved. I will look forward to your further involvement in these forums on this topic and others.

gossamer should be reporting back with his results soon.

ATR

• 20. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                                                H.Schaub Level 1

Hello A.T. Romano

Was happy to help !

Switzerland it is Night, go to sleep 

Heinz

• 21. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                                                  gossamer5150 Level 1

Worked like a charm. Changing to .ts extension is what seemed to have done it. Thank you my friend. Also thanks ATR you rock. I don't feel like menus are worth 89.99 to me so this is the way I am going until somebody comes up with a cure for that. You all are great.

• 22. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                                                    H.Schaub Level 1

Hello gossamer

I do not quite understand ...

Menu on AVCHD disc can be created not with tsMuxeR ... you'd have to take the multiAVCHD  tool.

Good night, Heinz

http://images4.slashcam.de/news/7809_PIC1.jpg 

• 23. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                                                      gossamer5150 Level 1

This guy is great. Thanks Heinz. I will try this after I buy more DVD's all I have now is a bunch of shiny coasters.

• 24. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                                                        gossamer5150 Level 1

I knew how to do it all along I was just testing you guys.

• 25. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                                                          the_wine_snob Level 9

I will assume that by your last post, that you ARE doing the testing on DVD RW discs, so "no coasters." If not, then just for testing, and NOT for delivery, do pick up a small pack of DVD RW's.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 26. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                                                            gossamer5150 Level 1

Nope I blew through all the dvd's i had laying around. You know it never occured to me to buy dvd rw. Goes to show you how much I really needed the help.

• 27. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                                                              the_wine_snob Level 9

Hey, that is one of the most common recs. on the Encore forum. I've got a 10-pack, and have used these for years, just for testing.

In my case, I will do one, when I think I am done, and run it through a series of set-top players, plus a few DVD drives with several software players. Once the testing is done, I'll burn a "master," on a DVD +R, or -R disc (always Verbatim, or Taiyo Yuden) and test again. If all is still OK, then I do the delivery discs for the client, and catalog the "master," reusing the DVD RW's for more testing.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 28. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                                                                HDedit Level 1

I am in the process of evaluating several HD editing software that includes PE7. This version does NOT have the ability to export (write)  AVCHD discs. It can import them, however (what kind of logic is that ?). Several competitive software offerings can export AVCHD. See the list at

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2332211,00.asp

Adobe folks were apparently in a hurry to release PE7 without this state of the art feature. I've used Corel's MovieFactory 6+ for 2 years because it has the AVCHD export capability and produces excellent AVCHD video even to a 60 inch HD TV. However, it is a hog and slow as mollasses (old software technology). If PE7 had some of the technology of the recently released PowerDirector 8 from Cyberlink, PE7 would run away with all the reviews.

Lte's hope that some employees of Adobe actually read these user forums and get with it.

• 29. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

HDedit wrote:

I am in the process of evaluating several HD editing software that includes PE7. This version does NOT have the ability to export (write)  AVCHD discs. It can import them, however (what kind of logic is that ?). Several competitive software offerings can export AVCHD. See the list at

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2332211,00.asp

Adobe folks were apparently in a hurry to release PE7 without this state of the art feature. I've used Corel's MovieFactory 6+ for 2 years because it has the AVCHD export capability and produces excellent AVCHD video even to a 60 inch HD TV. However, it is a hog and slow as mollasses (old software technology). If PE7 had some of the technology of the recently released PowerDirector 8 from Cyberlink, PE7 would run away with all the reviews.

Lte's hope that some employees of Adobe actually read these user forums and get with it.

I am assuming by that you are referring to burning an AVCHD file to a DVD disc, not BluRay disc. Since, you can indeed burn your AVCHD with menus to a BluRay disc, using the software within Premiere Elements 7, using burn presets:

a. H.264 1920 x 1080i NTSC or PAL Dolby

or

b. MPEG2 1440 x 1080i NTSC or PAL Dolby

However, even if you bring in Dolby Digital 5.1 channel sound, Premiere Elements 7 exports only Dolby Digital Stereo.

Did you notice the great job that gossamer did with the workflow that Heinz Schaub developed and so generously shared with him?....all free tools at that...excellent results with these tools in partnership with Premiere Elements 7 .mts.

I am just a user of these programs, so I have no agenda to promote. It is to your advantage to take your comments directly to Adobe regarding what they offer and your opinion on the direction of its product development. It is my opinion that it is highly unlikely they will read them here.

Paul_LS also appears to use Corel/Ulead DVD Movie Factory 6 plus for his AVCHD to disc (assumed DVD disc). I started to looked into this but got distracted by download of what was supposed to be a fully functional Corel DVD Movie Factory 6 plus which was not since it lacked the HD Power Pack that had to be purchased AFTER the tryout.

I would look forward to your final decision on what works best for you with the hows and whys.

ATR

• 30. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                                                                    Ozpeter Level 1

How to create an AVCHD DVD was described in October last year in this discussion - http://forums.adobe.com/message/1755656#1755656 - I think the only thing I didn't do was to change the extension to ".ts" which indeed does seem to work.  My way involved not multiplexing video and audio.

• 31. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                                                                      the_wine_snob Level 9

There is no Adobe presence here, past the little red A at the upper left of the forum pages.

To get Adobe's attention, you will want to file a Feature Request.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 32. Re: Premiere 7 and Achvd dvd's.
                                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Ozpeter

I got interested in this topic only recently and am sorry that I missed your October 2008 post on the matter.

I will try your procedure and let you know how it turns out.

Thanks for the contribution.

ATR