This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
I would try to start op Contribute version 4 and administer the website once from within that program, close the program again and fire up Dreamweaver and see if the problem is gone.
Thanks for the suggestion - I did try that. Fortunately I can administer the site from within Contribute 4. But I still get the same error when I try it from Dreamweaver 8. Pretty offensive, really.
Please try next steps:
1. in Dreamweaver go to >Site>Manage Sites
2. select your site and click Edit
3. choose 'Contribute' and uncheck Contribute compatibility.
4. close dreamweaver, start Contribute and administer your website
5. start dreamweaver and enable the Contribute compatibility again.
Hope this helps.
Thanks, ThinkInk -- but that didn't make any difference. I followed your steps, but still get the same error message.