1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 1, 2008 6:14 AM by Newsgroup_User

Watching videos on slow internet connections

Haykel Ben Jemia Level 1
      Yes! There are still people in the world with slow internet connections! These would also like to see such videos so they can TRY to stay up to date with the fast evolving IT technologies (faster than their internet connection speed!).

The point is, I saw many flv players that cache the stream, so that you can rewind and play the video from the cache. This player don't even support this, when I rewind, it seems to reread the stream. Why is it implemented this way? Security? If this is the case, I would suggest to enable caching at least for free material!

Haykel
        • 1. Re: Watching videos on slow internet connections
          Level 7
          I doubt Adobe has control over anything like that .. this appears to be
          coming from BrightCove who would be a 3rd party vendor. My guess is that
          the training was contracted out to them so the delivery would be their
          decision.

Nancy

"haykelbj" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g6updq$e88$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Yes! There are still people in the world with slow internet connections!
          > These
          > would also like to see such videos so they can TRY to stay up to date with
          > the
          > fast evolving IT technologies (faster than their internet connection
          > speed!).
          >
          > The point is, I saw many flv players that cache the stream, so that you
          > can
          > rewind and play the video from the cache. This player don't even support
          > this,
          > when I rewind, it seems to reread the stream. Why is it implemented this
          > way?
          > Security? If this is the case, I would suggest to enable caching at least
          > for
          > free material!
          >
          > Haykel
          >
          >