6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2009 6:48 PM by Steve Grisetti

problems with effects

souldan

im having problems applying moving effects to clips, if i apply an effect once, say the active camera ef ,it doesnt do any thing but if i apply twice it works but only for a short period, any ideas?  im running a 512 ati graphics, 4 gig ram and 2ghz pentium dual core cpu with vista home premium.  help its making me mad!!!

• 1. Re: problems with effects
          the_wine_snob Level 9

After the application of an Effect, choose Edit Effects for that Clip. Many will default to zero settings, and you must then adjust them, as is needed. Many can also be Keyframed to alter the Effect over time.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: problems with effects
            souldan Level 1

ive tried changing the settings in edit but still nothing, any more ideas, ive tried tiff and jpeg but still no success!

• 3. Re: problems with effects
              the_wine_snob Level 9

It appears that you are using Effects on still images. Is this correct? How do they behave, when applied to Video footage?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: problems with effects
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It's also possible you're not correctly editing the effects. Can you go into more detail on what you're doing?

Once you've applied an effect to a clip, right-click on the clip and select Show Properties. Tell us what adjustments you've made to what settings.

And certainly, as Hunt says, tell us what type of camcorder your video came from and how you got it into your computer. That could indeed be a factor also.

• 5. Re: problems with effects
                  souldan Level 1

i am using them on stills, its does what it should with video taken from my laptops web cam, this is the only video device i have to hand,  regards to the settings, im leaving them at default which is,horiz 20,vert 50,crop 11.50,rate 90, jitter 50. the stills are shop created tiffs and photos shopped from a canon 400d/digital rebel also saved as tiffs.  thanks for your help guys

• 6. Re: problems with effects
                    Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

That's still not much detail on the steps you're using to apply and adjust the effects.

I'm not sure we can help much without knowing exactly what you're doing.

Meantime, have you turned off Scale to Frame Size for the photos (under Edit/Preferences)?

And, if it was on when you imported the photos into your project, have you right-clicked on the photos on your timeline and unchecked the Scale to Frame Size option?

And are you photos sized to no larger than 1000x750 pixels?