3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2009 10:53 AM by Marco N.

Open a copy in PS whitout the local adjustments

Marco N. Level 1

I want open an image in PS whitout the local adjustments applied in the past. I open the image in ACR, open the tab local adjustments, clear all (the adjustments go away), return in the Base tab, alt click (open as copy) but in PS arrives the image with original local adjustment. Is it a bug?

Now a  major problem: when the enginners implements the color eye dropper in the local adjustments tab so that I can pick a color from the image?

Bye

Marco

• 1. Re: Open a copy in PS whitout the local adjustments
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

Marco N. wrote:

....alt click (open as copy) but in PS arrives the image with original local adjustment. Is it a bug?

Yep, seems to be a bug...the local adjustments when removed should not be applied when doing an Open Copy. Work around would be to make snapshots with and without the local adjustments.

As far as the color sample, the more people who ask, the better the chance of it happening. But...it would be useful to explain EXACTLY why you currently can't do what you want and exactly WHAT you do need to do. Just asking for it "because I want it" isn't nearly as useful...

• 2. Re: Open a copy in PS whitout the local adjustments
            Marco N. Level 1

Do I have won something?

For the need of a color picker that pick up directly from the image, the intent is simple: to choose the right color to add with the local intervention. Pull to the right, left, up, down a point on the ACR color picker and look at the effect in the image preview is not a simple, quick and especially precise way to work. Can you think at the PS eye dropper or at the replace color tool working this way?

Otherwise I have a better idea.

There is another way to help choosing the right color quickly.

This way would be appreciated by many users who asked it many time in the past.

This way would be helpful for working with HSL sliders of ACR

This way would be useful to fine tune the camera profiles with the HSL tables of DNG PE controlling the effects directly in ACR (thank you Eric for your work)

The solution would be to get visible in ACR the HSL indexes together the already present RGB ones. Second

What do you think about?

Ciao

Marco

• 3. Re: Open a copy in PS whitout the local adjustments
              Marco N. Level 1

I conclude with an example.

For me one of so many abilities of the local adjustment brush is the recover of the area where ACR highlights recovery process reach its limit and the recovered area appear detailed but in gray scale and lighter.

In this case would be comfortable two sampler points and the HSL indexes. From H and S indexes I can choose the right color in the color picker window and from the L index I can fine tune the luminosity by the sliders.

But many tools in ACR need a HSL indexes as guide.

Below a animated GIF to understand what I mean (dont look at the gif artifacts)

Marco

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3425/3884998594_d3e83c3d5c_o.gif