7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2009 3:56 PM by yenaphe

Export settings for CS3 to premiere pro 7.0

zeddius

So, i am trying to make an intro to a video in after effects CS3. I want ti export this somehow so i can use it in my premiere pro 7.0 editing.

In premiere pro i use the following settings. see picture (Basically a avi vid captured by fraps ingame with resolution of 1920*1200

http://bildr.no/view/474607

However, i had made an intro in CS3 (with the settings shown on link below)

http://bildr.no/view/474613

When i am done i wanted to export it to an avi that i could use in premiere pro

Choose export and avi : with these settings

http://bildr.no/view/474616

That is written in norwegian, basically i just set compression to "none".

The file gets created, but when i import it to premiere it just stutters and dont play as smootly as it does in after effects. Its like it only captured 5 frames a second.....

Hopefully someone will be able to look at the settings i am using to see if something is wrong, i.e should i use other settings, or are there any easier way of doing it?

Remember, i want to create a composition in after effects that i use in a 1920*1200 30fps vid in premiere.

• 1. Re: Export settings for CS3 to premiere pro 7.0
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Remember, i want to create a composition in after effects that i use in a 1920*1200 30fps vid in premiere.

Plain and simple: There is no such resolution for any standardized video format. Because of that, any optimizations for realtime playback of video content are disabled in Premiere and it does not convert the footage to respective formats. It leaves the footage "as is" and then, quite logically, chokes on the data rates. Sorry, but you will never be able to circumvent that other than using a standard HDTV preset with respective file format handling, e.g. by creating a HDV or HDTV/ P2 project in Premiere. That part is unclear, anyway - there is no Premiere Pro 7, just 1.0, if you mean that and then your options are much more limited than CS4 for instance.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Export settings for CS3 to premiere pro 7.0
            zeddius Level 1

Well, dont know how to reply.

First of, when clicking on my help - about adobe premiere it says premier pro v7.0.........cant see how that lies.

Regarding the resolution. I am capturing ingame footage at 30 fps on the resolution 1920*1200 (16:10). Adobe premier can edit this without any problem and create a avi in that resolution. The files beeing outputet is as you mention very large and thus cant play on i.e media player. however, i then use divxconverter to convert them to HD1080p. Granted, this is 16:9 instead of 16:10, but the best solution i have found so far.

Anyways, the problem with the CS3 after effects, is that the file it outputs as AVI is large, ok, so cant play it. I import it to premiere, export as AVI. then convert with divx converter, and here is the problem i mentioned, its jerky and no smooth at all. The captured ingame footage runs smooth though.

To go around this problem, how would you suggest i export the CS3 intro i made. The resolution/format doesnt matter that much i guess as it is just text and will be added to the main video in premiere. (I wish to import som 1920:1200 footage to CS3 though to add text on it.

• 3. Re: Export settings for CS3 to premiere pro 7.0
              Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Premiere Pro 1.0 is also known in some documentation as Premiere Pro 7.0.

• 4. Re: Export settings for CS3 to premiere pro 7.0

Premiere Pro 1.0 is also known in some documentation as Premiere Pro 7.0.

*lol* Weird, that Adobe would use such incorrect terminology in its own help files.

Mylenium

• 5. Re: Export settings for CS3 to premiere pro 7.0

If only the intro jumps, then you have created yourself a framerate mismatch most likely. It is jsut unclear where you introduce the error. My guess would be that the file is messed up on import into Premiere. Eitehr it is being converted to a differnt framerate or its interpretation is wrong. I'd definitely check that. Also, in Premiere's timeline, right-click the clips and check their playback speeds. If for some reason that is not at 100%, Premiere will simply skip frames, 'cos without additional trickery there will be no frame belnding available...

Mylenium

• 6. Re: Export settings for CS3 to premiere pro 7.0
                    zeddius Level 1

Thx for the help, appriciate the effort, but i cant see how frame rate can be the issue. After effects is set to 1920:1200 30fps square pixels, and premiere is set to 1920:1200 30 fps square pixels.

Only thing that is different is that premiere is set to : Fields : No fields (Progressive scan), which i cant set in after effets.

• 7. Re: Export settings for CS3 to premiere pro 7.0
                      yenaphe Level 4

You can set (or unset) fields rendering in the render paramerters menu in the render queue.